All products contain a full warranty as described by the manufacturer, however products containing software are not eligible for our 30 Day Trial Exchange and are non-returnable.
The Reason Pianos ReFill gives you three amazing-sounding Hypersampled acoustic pianos with the kind of presence and playability you normally wouldn`t associate with sampled pianos. Until now. Where other piano libraries leave you with a fixed piano sound that may or may not suit your project, Reason Pianos does just the opposite: these pianos were recorded using multiple microphones, leaving the mixing and shaping of your piano sound to you. You create piano sounds that suit your mix, not the other way around. A large selection of Combinator presets ranging from basic microphone setups to wide multi-mic patches guarantees you absolute sonic control. There`s no one way to record a piano. And, there`s no one way to mix one.
The featured pianos were chosen for their classic pop and rock friendly sound; The Steinway D is considered to be the world`s finest grand piano, the Yamaha C7 is a classic rock and jazz piano with a distinctive sound, and the Steinway K is a well balanced upright known for its deep tone. These instruments were hand-picked and then tuned and adjusted to perfection.
In the mix
The Piano with its wide tonal range and broad frequency spectrum is a notoriously tricky instrument to fit into a mix. Not any more. The four stereo pairs and the two separate mono microphones used to record the pianos are all represented as individual channels in Reason`s mixer, allowing you to tailor your piano sound to suit the other elements in your songs.
Use plenty of mics or just a few, whatever sounds best. The mono ribbon mic signal alone might be perfect for a busy track. Need more bass? Simply bring up the floor microphones a notch. Or, give the individual mics some EQ or compression or other FX. For further sound sculpting, use the Combinator`s front-panel rotaries and buttons to control release resonance, presence, dynamics and more.
Classically unclassical - yet classy
The Reason Pianos ReFill does not seek to deliver a set of clinically perfect, scientifically reproduced concert pianos in a box. These are pianos you can use. Pianos to play. Pianos that simply sound good - without filling up your harddrive or chewing up all your RAM. These hypersampled pianos are sophisticated and highly responsive instruments - play softly or put some weight into it, and you`ll feel it. Enjoy.
The Steinway D and K pianos were recorded in Studio 5 at Sveriges Radio, Sweden`s public service radio. In the early 1960s, SR built a number of large studios to accommodate orchestras and big bands, for recording and live broadcasts. The smallest, Studio 5, is known for its warm and pleasant acoustics and soon became a favorite for chamber orchestra and jazz ensemble performances. The Yamaha C7 grand piano was recorded at NordHansen Studio (formerly known as Europa Studio), one of Sweden`s oldest and most renowned studios where artists like Bob Marley, Quincy Jones, Errol Garner, Sivuca, Refugee All Stars and Jojje Wadenius have recorded music.
- 1 Steinway D Grand Piano
- 1 Yamaha C7 Grand Piano
- 1 Steinway K Upright Piano
- 42 Preset Piano Patches
- Ready-made Combi patches comprising numerous microphone setup combinations for all three pianos. (29 Style Piano Patches)
- A selection of Combinator patches ranging from classic piano sounds to tweaked-out layered instruments. (11 Producer Piano Patches)
- Producer Patches Top producers have created production friendly piano patches using Reason`s processors and effects.(8 Template Patches)
- Pre-wired empty piano patches to serve as starting points for creating your own sounds.(14 Reverb Patches)
- Reverb Patches Luxurious, Piano-friendly reverb patches for Reason`s excellent RV7000 unit.(5 Demo Songs)
- Demos Professionally produced, differently styled demo song files. Created and mixed in Reason.
When designing Reason Pianos, we set out to strike an optimal balance between sound quality and resource allocation. In other words, we wanted to give you the best piano tool possible, but not at the expense of stealing the entire RAM of your computer. Having said that, Reason Pianos is nonetheless a sophisticated ReFill for professional use, and is therefore not suited for low-end systems.
- Windows: Reason 3.0 or later, Intel Pentium 4 / 1.4 GHz or AMD Athlon XP, 512 MB RAM, DVD player
- Mac OS: Reason 3.0 or later, Power Macintosh with a G4 processor or better + 1.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, DVD player
- Windows: Reason 3.0.4 or later, Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4 GHz processor or faster, 1024 MB RAM, fast hard drive, low-latency ASIO compatible soundcard, DVD drive,
- Mac OS: Reason 3.0.4 or later, Power Macintosh G5 or Dual G4 / 1.4 Ghz or faster, 1024 MB RAM, fast hard drive, DVD drive