QSC GX3 Power PA Amplifier 300W
The GX3 is ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimized output and appearance while reducing raw material cost and weight. It's all here – dramatic styling, easy hookup and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability.
The GX3 delivers just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Most loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's "Program (Music) Power" rating or two times (2 x) the "Continuous (RMS) Power" rating.
The GX3 is ideal for speakers in the 300 watt (Program) range, while the GX3 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers. Both models supply maximum possible power to 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (dual-woofer, two-way models and many subwoofers) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX3 an ideal match.
The GX3 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PLX Series, almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
The GX3 uses the latest evolution of the QSC Grounded Collector output system, for optimum cooling of the critical power transistors. A true Class B biasing system combines maximum thermal efficiency with excellent audio performance.GuardRail
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.Features
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight – less than 30 lbs (13.5 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
- 8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) 300W
- 8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channels driven) 350W
- 4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) 425W
- 4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channels driven) 500W
- Distortion (typical) 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 1 dB below rated power 8 ohms: less than 0.05%, 4 ohms: less than 0.1%
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz) 100 dB
- Input Sensitivity 1.2 Vrms
- Height: 3.5" (89 mm) 2RU, Width: 19" (483 mm), Depth: 10.1" (257 mm)
- Weight -Net: 27 lbs (12.1 kg), Shipping: 31 lbs (14.1 kg)