QSC GX7 2-Channel Power AmplifierThe Ultra Powerful and Affordable Amp Delivers Big Power!
The GX7 amplifier is ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. The GX7 amplifier delivers just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating. The GX7's 1000 watts will very capably power many of today's popular subwoofers or two typical 8 ohm speakers per channel.
The GX7 adds the road-proven PowerLight supply to the Class H output section, for more overall output power and additional weight savings. The result is one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the industry. A low-noise variable-speed fan with rear-to-front airflow keeps amplifiers and racks cool.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX7 supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range. GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.Features:
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1"/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - Only 15.5 lbs (7 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
- 8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) - 725 W
- 8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven) - 800 W
- 4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) - 1000 W
- 4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven) - 1200 W
- Distortion (1 dB below rated power, 1 kHz) - 8 ohms: less than 0.02%, 4 ohms: less than 0.05%
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz) - 100 dB
- Input Sensitivity - 1.2 Vrms
- Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4 ohms, 120V) - 10.1 amps
- Frequency Response - 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, -1 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms) - 2 dB
- Input Impedance (ohms) - Greater than 20k (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level - +24 dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel)- 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel, phono, unbalanced
- Output Connectors (each channel) - Speakon®, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators - Gain controls, 21 detents, red clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold, green signal LEDs, threshold -35 dB, blue power LED, AC on