QSC KW122 12-Inch Powered Speaker Pair with Covers
QSC KW122 Powered 12 Inch Two Way Loudspeaker
Building on the success of QSC's K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Their system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
High Output: Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Connectivity: KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Control: On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
QSC Padded Cover for KW122 Powered PA Speaker
Soft cover made with weather resistant, heavy-duty Nylon/Cordura® material for KW122.
QSC KW122 Powered 12 Inch Two Way Loudspeaker Features:
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™ (KW122, KW152)
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (full-range models)
- KW122 also functions as stage monitor