QSC KW181 18-Inch 1000W Powered Subwoofer
Bring the BOOM with QSC's most popular subwoofer (for good reason), the QSC KW181 Powered Subwoofer. This earth-shaking beast consists of an QSC 18-inch subwoofer within a premium birch cabinet, low-noise casters, a 1000 watt Class D power amplifier, and built-in DSP, featuring a threaded pole receptible for wobble-free stability.
The KW Series pushes the widly successful K series a step further into the world of wood enclosures. The system engineers (or possibly magicians) over at QSC have somehow managed to port over the game-changing electronic attributes of the K series while also designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than the wood enclosure speakers that came before it.
Smaller than most other 18" subwoofers and yet somehow still making them pale in comparison, the QSC KW181 Powered Subwoofer's snarling bass output guarantees you get the best possible sound whether you're mobile or installing it. The built-in crossover, limiter, and additional rack components have been engineered in dummy-proof fashion to ensure that you have the best possible sound right out of the box.Defined Coverage Area:
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.DSP:Finely tuned digital signal processing elevate the sonic clarity and total output of the KW181 to ridiculous new heights:
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Make your bass really growl with the LF switch can be set to NORM or DEEP™ for additional bass extension, . The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.Features:
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles