Radial Catapult MINI TRS 4Ch Cat-5 Breakout Box
4-Channel Cat 5 Audio SnakeThe Catapult Mini is a 4-channel compact audio snake that allows you to send analog audio signals over standard Cat 5 or Cat 6 shielded twisted pair cable.
Analog audio over Cat 5 wiringThe Catapult Mini System works like a typical four-channel analog audio snake; they allow you to send mic or line-level signals from one location to another without signal loss, noise, or interference, and without any digital audio conversion needed. What makes the Catapult system unique is that it utilizes Cat 5 Ethernet cable, which is widely available, lightweight, and economical. Simply connect a shielded Cat 5 cable between any two Catapult modules and they will use the analog conductors in the cable to deliver four balanced audio lines to any destination.
Straight-wire passive operationCatapult modules require no power to operate, and since they keep the signal in the analog realm, no digital conversion is necessary. Straight-wire connection from the XLRs to the RJ45 connector on a Cat 5 cable ensures that your audio passes through without coloration or distortion.
Utilize pre-existing cable installationsAs many buildings are already pre-wired for Cat 5, you can take advantage of this to transmit audio between distant rooms without the need to install or supply new cabling. This eliminates the need for bulky and expensive multi-channel audio cable, and allows contractors to benefit from installed network cable and easily connect from one room to another.
Mix & MatchThree versions of the Catapult Mini are available: The Mini TX features female XLR connectors, the Mini RX has male XLRs, and the Mini TRS is equipped with ¼" TRS jacks for balanced connection to any pro audio device.
All of the Radial Catapult modules are compatible with each other, and each is sold individually, so you can select whichever combination best suits your needs. The Catapult Mini RX and TX can be used together as a pair, creating a compact 4-channel audio snake. However, if you prefer to have a stage box to plug microphones into, but want a compact breakout cable that fits in the case with the mixer, combine the Catapult TX4 with the Catapult Mini RX. A variety of modules allow you to customize your transmit and receive devices to suit any application.
- Send four channels of analog audio over a Cat 5/6 cable
- Available with XLRM, XLRF or ¼" TRS connectors
- Works with a building’s existing cable infrastructure
- Compact and lightweight, yet durable and rugged
- Economical Cat 5/6 cable replaces bulky multichannel audio snakes
- Female XLR Inputs (Catapult Mini TX): Connect to balanced mic or line level sources.
- RJ45 Output (Catapult Mini TX): Sends analog audio over Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable
- Color-Coded Heatshrink Labels: Identify channels at a glance.
- Steel Chassis: 16-gauge steel housing to handle any touring environment.
- Powder Coat: Durable coat keeps your Catapult Mini looking great for years.
- Expando Mesh Sheating: Provides extra durability and protects cables from damage.
- Audio circuit type: Passive splitter
- Frequency response: 7Hz ~ 20KHz
- Dynamic range: 140dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >103dB
- Maximum Input: +35dBu
- Ground lift
- Input Connectors: XLR, TRS, RJ45 (model dependant)
- Output Connectors: XLR, TRS, RJ45 (model dependant)
- Construction: 16-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.125" x 1.56" x 1.31" (105 x 40 x 33mm)
- Weight: 0.85lb (0.4kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.25" x 4.25" x 3" (159 x 108 x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.1lb (0.5kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C