Radial Catapult MINI TX 4ch Cat5 XLRF Breakout Box
Analog audio over Cat 5 wiring
The Catapult Mini TX acts like a typical four-channel analog audio snake; they allow you to send mic or line-level signals from one location to another without signal loss, noise, or interference, and without any digital audio conversion needed. What makes the Catapult system unique is that it utilizes Cat 5 Ethernet cable, which is widely available, lightweight, and economical. Simply connect a shielded Cat 5 cable between any two Catapult modules and they will use the analog conductors in the cable to deliver four balanced audio lines to any destination.
Mix & Match
All of the Radial Catapult modules are compatible with each other, and each is sold individually, so you can select whichever combination best suits your needs. The Catapult Mini RX and TX can be used together as a pair, creating a compact 4-channel audio snake. However, if you prefer to have a stage box to plug microphones into, but want a compact breakout cable that fits in the case with the mixer, combine the Catapult TX4 with the Catapult Mini RX. A variety of modules allow you to customize your transmit and receive devices to complement any application.
Catapult Mini Applications
Using the Mini TX with the Mini RX
The Mini TX and RX can be directly connected using a single Cat 5 cable, providing you with a robust 4-channel analog audio snake that can deliver balanced signals over long distances while maintaining high audio quality.
Using the Mini TX with the Catapult RX4
The Mini TX can be paired with the Catapult RX4 to feed the outputs of a console to a distant rack of power amps. To block stray DC voltages and avoid noise through the system, the RX4L has line level isolation transformers to eliminate hum and buzz, as well as four direct XLR outputs to feed another device such as a recording interface. For isolation of mic-level signals, you can utilize the RX4M.
- Female XLR Inputs (Catapult Mini TX)
Connect to balanced mic or line level sources.
- RJ45 Output (Catapult Mini TX)
Sends analog audio over Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable
- Color-Coded Heatshrink Labels
Identify channels at a glance.
- Steel Chassis
16-gauge steel housing to handle any touring environment.
- Powder Coat
Durable coat keeps your Catapult Mini looking great for years.
- Expando Mesh Sheathing
Provides extra durability and protects cables from damage.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type: Passive splitter
- Frequency response: 7Hz ~ 20KHz
- Dynamic range:140dB
- Total harmonic distortion:0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >103dB
- Maximum Input:+35dBu
- Ground lift
- Input Connectors:XLR, RJ45
- Output Connectors:XLR, RJ45
- Construction: 16-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.125" x 1.56" x 1.31" (105 x 40 x 33mm)
- Weight:0.85lb (0.4kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.25" x 4.25" x 3" (159 x 108 x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.1lb (0.5kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C