Radial Cherry Picker Passive 1x4 Selector
Studio preamp selector and switcherThe Cherry Picker™ is a 1-input, 4-output switcher that allows you to audition a single source through multiple devices in the studio, including mic preamps, compressors, and effects units.
Hear more options in less timeThe Cherry Picker gives you the ability to connect to multiple devices in the studio and instantly A/B between them without any time-consuming cable swapping or re-patching. Now you can test your vocal mic through four different preamps without even stopping playback. It also works with line level signals, so you can connect the output of a single mic preamp into four compressors or effects units. The Cherry Picker helps you make quick decisions with the confidence that comes from an immediate A/B comparison. When paired with the Radial Gold Digger™ you can choose between four sources and destinations and select any combination instantly, giving you the freedom to explore endless sonic possibilities.
Comparing preamps using one micConnect your favorite microphone and compare how it sounds using several preamps to find the best match to suit the vocalist. The Cherry Picker makes it easy and fast.
Comparing compressors when recording bassOptimize the sound of the bass by comparing compressors. Connect the bass to the JDV-pre instrument preamp and use the Cherry Picker to listen to various compressors.
Using the Cherry Picker to switch outputsThe 'straight wire' balanced signal path may be used for more than just microphones! You can use the Cherry Picker as a 1x4 switcher for line level devices of all types.
The Cherry Picker is a ‘straight wire’ switcher that lets you to compare up to four preamps using a single microphone. This balanced interface employs high performance gold contact sealed relays and is void of any buffering whatsoever. This results in distortion levels that are below measurement, zero phase shift at all audio frequencies and a linear performance that is equivalent to a solid piece of wire. The external power supply is used to control the relays, power the LEDs and generate 48V phantom power.
- Select the best mic & preamp combination
- Passive ‘straight wire’ color-free signal path
- Built-in 48V phantom power for condenser mics
- Improve the workflow efficiency in your studio
- Phantom power switch is recessed to prevent accidental turn-on which could damage older ribbon mics and harm more sensitive equipment.
- Used to turn off the four outputs so that you can switch mics without having to change your preamp or mixer settings. Activates the LED to let you know which channel is active.
- Radio style selector switches are used to route the microphone to the desired preamp and automatically turn off the other outputs to streamline the comparison process.
- Easy to see front panel indicators show you which output is active. This helps speed the selection process by eliminating guesswork.
- Audio circuit type: Passive signal path with active relay switching
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 40kHz
- Dynamic range: >115dBu
- Gain: 0.0dB – Unity gain device
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.0003%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.001%
- Phase Deviation: <0.001 degrees at all frequencies
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -97dB @55Hz
- Equivalent Input Noise: -115dB
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Maximum Output: +26dBu
- Ground lift, Phantom Power
- Input Connectors: Balanced XLR female
- Output Connectors: 4 x XLR male
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.5" x 2" x 6" (121 x 64 x 147mm)
- Weight: 2.8 lb (1.3kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 4.75" x 2.5" x 10.75" (121 x 64 x 273mm)
- Shipping weight: 3.05 lb ( 1.4kg)
- Power: +15V DC/400mA power supply included
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable