Radial DiNet Dan-TX Dante Audio Transmitter
The Radial DAN-TX™ is a stereo direct box designed to connect instruments, laptops, tablets, or any line level source to a Dante™ Network. Developed by Audinate®, Dante has become the standard for digital audio distribution in professional audio. Using standard Ethernet networks, any connected Dante device can communicate and route audio between each other with very little latency. The DAN-TX provides a simple way to put almost any analog audio source onto the Dante network without the need for a large interface or mixer.
The DAN-TX is equipped with ¼", RCA and 3.5mm inputs. When connecting a single-channel instrument such as a bass or acoustic guitar, an Instrument switch converts one of the ¼" jacks to a "Thru". This allows the player to connect to their amp for local monitoring like a typical DI box. With stereo sources, the selection of inputs provide an easy way to connect any device, whether it be a stereo keyboard or a tablet. The ¼" inputs will accept both balanced (TRS) for professional equipment, and unbalanced (TS) connectors for instruments or consumer gear. Levels can be controlled locally via an input trim pot that offers +/-10dB of control, with an additional -20dB pad that can be utilized when required. The DAN-TX can accept input levels up to +24dBU, and a high pass filter may be enabled to reduce unwanted low frequencies at the source.
The DAN-TX features 24bit/96kHz analog to digital converters for exceptional audio quality. Connecting to the Dante network is easy – simply connect its Ethernet jack to any networked audio system using standard Cat5e or Cat6 cable. The DAN-TX will accept Power over Ethernet (PoE), but a power adapter is included for use when PoE is not available. Once connected, the DAN-TX will appear as a 2-channel transmit device in the Dante Controller software and on other enabled devices on the network. Whether on stage, multi-room recording, or in broadcast, the DAN-TX is the easiest way to get your analog audio onto a Dante network.
- The first Dante™ enabled direct box
- ¼", RCA and 3.5mm input jacks
- Connect instruments or line level sources
- 24bit/96kHz analog to digital conversion
- Audio Circuit Type:High current balanced active input device
- Number of Channels:2
- Sample Rate:44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, and 96kHz
- Bit Depth:24 bit
- Frequency Response:20Hz - 20kHz
- Idle Channel Noise:-108dB
- Dynamic Range:>103dB
- Channel Separation:>85dB
- Equivalent Input Noise:-98dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise:0.008% @ -6dBfs
- IMD:0.0017% -10dBfs
- Unbalanced Input Impedence - Instrument Mode240k?
- Balanced Input Impedence - Line Mode40k?
- Unbalanced Input Impedence - Line Mode20k?
- Power Consumption:1.25W
- Input Connections:2x ¼" TS/TRS, 3.5mm TRS, 2x RCA
- Output Connectors:RJ45 Ethernet
- LED Indicators:SYNC, SYS, +15V and PoE
- HPF:-12dB/octave @ 80Hz
- Power15VDC 400mA (included) or PoE
- Power over Ethernet (PoE):Class 1 IEEE 802.3af
- Construction:14-gauge steel
- Finish:Durable Powder Coat
- Size (L x W x H):5" x 3.31" x 1.88" (12.7cm x 8.4cm x 4.8cm)
- Weight:1.45lb (0.66kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H):11.75" x 4.75" x 3" (29.8cm x 12.1cm x 7.6cm)
- Shipping Weight:2.1lb (0.95kg)
- FCC Approval:Meets FCC Part 15B Class A requirements for Professional equipment
- Conditions:For indoor use at temperatures between +5°C and +40°C
- Warranty:Radial 3-year, transferable