Radial Engineering PROD1 Passive Direct Box
The ProDI is a passive direct box designed for use on stage or in home recording studios, with the ability to handle high output instruments without distortion, and a transformer-isolated output to eliminate noise from ground loops.
- 1/4" INPUT: Instrument input used to connect to the direct box.
- 1/4" THRU-PUT: Parallel output used to connect the instrument signal to an amplifier.
- -15dB PAD: Reduces the input signal to prevent distortion.
- BOOKEND DESIGN: The bookend cover provides protection to switches and connectors.
- XLR OUT: balanced, low impedance mic-level output. Wired with AES standard (pin-2 hot).
- GROUND LIFT: Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR output to reduce ground loops.
- FULL BOTTOM FOAM PAD: Isolates the DI from the amp chassis and keeps it from sliding around on busy stages.
- STEEL ENCLOSURE: Ultra rigid I-beam design eliminates stress that could torque the PC board and cause solder joint failure.
- RADIAL TRANSFORMER: Custom designed transformer offers outstanding audio performance.
- DOUBLE-SIDED PCB: Military-grade PCB with plated through-holes is bolted to welded steel standoffs.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 2.5dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01 % from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Input impedance: 140K ohms (with 1kHz input)
- Balanced outputs: 150 ohms, -60dB mic level, pin-2 hot
- PAD: -15dB