Radial Exo-Pod Press-box Expander Floorbox
Passive Line-Level Splitterhe Exo-Pod™ is a passive broadcast splitter than can take a balanced line output from a mixing console and distribute the signal to up to 14 recording devices. It can also be used in conjunction with the Radial mPress master press box to create a modular solution that provides hundreds of individual press feeds.
Expandable noise-free splittingThe Exo-Pod take a line-level XLR input and splits it cleanly to ten XLR outputs and four 3.5mm TRS jacks for connection to video cameras, hand-held recorders, tablets or other media systems. A variable input trim allows the broadcast technician to reduce the global output level locally for convenience, and all of the outputs are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz that is often encountered due to ground loops. The XLR outputs are supplemented with individual ground lift switches to further abate noise, and an XLR thru connector allows multiple Exo-Pods to be linked together to provide an expandable solution to handle events of any size.
Using the Exo-Pod as a Simple Broadcast SplitterThe passive Exo-Pod is easily integrated with any mixer using a +4dB line level feed. All Exo-Pod outputs are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz.
Use the Exo-Pod for your town hall meetingIn addition to feeding the press gallery, send the signal to the mic-level inputs on your PA speakers to fill up your meeting room or convention space.
Combine Exo-Pods with the mPress for large eventsThe mPress is a broadcast press box that can deliver over 500 individual audio channels to your international sporting event. Use the Exo-Pod thru-puts to create zones.
The Exo-Pod is a passive modular splitter for professional audio distribution to a large number of mic or line level recorders. Exo-Pods can be used with the mPress modular press box or as a standalone device, with the ability to daisy-chain multiple units together for even more outputs. Each Exo-Pod features ten XLR outputs with ground lift switches, and four 3.5mm stereo TRS jacks; all of these outputs are transformer isolated. A trim control at the input allows you to adjust the level. The Exo-Pod is built to last, with a 14-gauge steel enclosure and a steel handle that protects the XLR input, loop-thru output, and trim control. With its flat frequency response and noise-eliminating isolation transformers and ground lifts, the Exo-Pod will ensure that your audio is distributed cleanly.
- Passive splitter with 14 transformer-isolated outputs
- Set & forget trim control to adjust output levels
- Balanced line-level XLR input can handle up to +24dB
- Daisy-chain multiple Exo-Pods for large events
- Protects the connectors and trim control.
- Used to feed additional Exo-Pods when used with the mPress.
- Balanced input capable of handling levels up to +24dB
- Set & forget adjustable trim control provides the tech with a local level control for quick adjustments.
- Audio circuit type: Passive
- Number of channels: 14 outputs
- Frequency response: <20Hz to >20kHz ±1dB
- Dynamic range: >136dB / >100dB
- Gain: -3.5dB / -18dBu
- Clip Level: >+26dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.001%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.006%
- Phase Deviation: -5/+25°
- Input Impedance: 350 ?
- Output Impedance: XLR: 1000 ? | 3.5mm: 4600 ?
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 63dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -108dBu/-84dBu
- Noise: XLR: -111dBu | 3.5mm: -86dBu
- Ground lift, Level Control
- Input Connectors: XLR
- Output Connectors: XLR, 3.5mm
- Construction:14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D):L:11.75"" x W:5" H:2.25" (298.45mm x 127mm x 57.15mm)
- Shipping size (L x W x D):L:13.37" x W:5.5" H:3.25" (571.5mm x 260.35mm x 114.3mm)
- Shipping weight:4lb
- Power:Passive, no power required
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable