Radial EXTC SA Effects Loop Interface
Guitar Effects Interface & Reamp BoxThe EXTC-SA™ is a unique interface for connecting guitar pedals to the inputs and outputs of pro audio equipment such as recording interfaces or mixing consoles, allowing you to incorporate your pedals in new and creative ways.
Reamp and mix through your guitar pedalsThe EXTC allows you to get creative with your effects pedals, using them in your mix on any recorded track. Add a touch of distortion or chorus to a lead vocal, flange on a violin, or fuzz on piano - the possibilities are endless. The EXTC takes the line level balanced output of your recording interface and converts it so an instrument level high-Z output optimized for guitar effects pedals, so you can Reamp any track through your pedalboard with ease. Once you've run the signal through your pedals, connect the output back into the EXTC and it will boost it up to a balanced line level so you can connect directly to the input of your recording interface. The EXTC features Radial's class-A buffer for the best audio quality and transformer isolation to eliminate any buzz or hum - so you can focus your attention on using your pedals in new and exciting applications.
The EXTC is a guitar effects interface that enables the engineer to properly interface unbalanced guitar effects pedals with the world of balanced professional audio. It features a balanced line level input with variable guitar level send & receive controls for hi-impedance guitar effects.
Transformer isolation combined with class-A discreet electronics assures optimal signal transfer. This makes the EXTC the perfect interface for all kinds of effects that otherwise are difficult to use, cause noise or create unbearable hum.
- Balanced interface for guitar effects pedals
- Separate send & receive controls optimize signal path
- Transformer isolation helps eliminate ground loops
- Creative tool helps your mix stand out from the rest
- These controls are used to set the send level to the pedals and return path level back into the EXTC. These are normally set to optimize the signal-to-noise ratio.
- Lets you adjust the polarity of the wet signal path and bring it into phase with the dry signal when they are being mixed together.
- Adjusts the wet-dry mix between the original unprocessed signal and the EXTC’s effects loop.
- Used to select between loop-A or Loop-b. Combine them together in series for added fun!
- Audio circuit type: Solid state with transformer coupled effects loop
- Frequency response: Dry: 20Hz ~ 20kHz ±1.5dB Wet: 20Hz ~ 10kHz ±3.5dB (-8dB @ 20kHz)
- Total harmonic distortion: Dry: > 0.005% 0dB output Wet: > 0.002% 0dB output
- Intermodulation Distortion: Dry: > 0.003% 0dBu input Wet: < 0.02% 0dBu input
- Input Impedance: Line level: 15k Ohms
- Output Impedance: Line level: 200 Ohms
- Noise: Dry: -93dB Wet: -84dB
- Maximum Input: Dry: +26dBu Wet: +20dBu
- 180° polarity reverse, Effects Loop
- Input Connectors: Unbalanced 1/4", Balanced XLR
- Output Connectors: Unbalanced 1/4", Balanced XLR
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable