Radial HotShot ABi Latching Footswitch
Footswitch Selector for Balanced InputsThe HotShot ABi is a balanced signal selector that allows you to instantly select between two sources by depressing a latching footswitch.
On-stage input switchingThe HotShot ABi makes it easy to select between two balanced inputs on stage, with a single latching footswitch to toggle from one source to the other. This allows an artist to switch between two dynamic microphones during a performance, freeing up input channels on your mixer. The latching footswitch also opens the door for other useful applications, including using the ABi as a mute to turn off a microphone, select between two wireless receivers, or switch between two mono playback devices.
Using ABi to select between two microphonesOn some stages, the performer may want to switch between two wired or wireless microphones that are positioned at different locations on stage. The ABi makes it easy to switch from one to the other with a single foot stomp.
Using the ABi to select between two sourcesThere are times when you want to quickly select between two mono audio sources. The ABi is perfect for this type of application. Simply connect the first device to input-A and the second to input-B. Hit the switch to select!
Using the ABi to mute a signalOn some stages, the performer may want to switch between two wired or wireless microphones that are positioned at different locations on stage. The ABi makes it easy to switch from one to the other with a single foot stomp.
- Quickly select between two balanced XLR sources
- Toggle or mute the source with a latching footswitch
- Selectable input pad to match input signal levels
- Completely passive operation, no power required
- Input-A: Primary female XLR input receives the balanced signal from the audio source.
- Pad: Inserts a -15dB Pad on either input-A or input-B.
- Trim: Reduces the input level of Input-B by 6dB. Used to match signal levels.
- Input-B: Secondary female XLR input receives the alternate audio signal.
- Toggle: Heavy duty latching footswitch selects between Input-A and Input-B.
- Lift: Disconnects ground on pin-1 of Input-B. Used to reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Output: Male XLR sends the balanced signal to the snake system or mixing desk.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, true-bypass
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Dynamic range: Unlimited
- Input pad, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: Two XLR inputs
- Output Connectors: One XLR output
- Construction: 14-Gauge Steel
- Size (L x W x D): 3.9" x 3.6" x 2" (99 x 92 x 51mm)
- Weight: 1.25 lb (0.56 kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable