Radial HotShot DM1 Momentary Footswitch
Stage Mic ToggleThe HotShot DM-1™ is a dynamic microphone switcher with a momentary toggle footswitch, allowing an artist on stage to redirect a vocal mic to feed the stage monitoring system and communicate with band members or technicians.
Professional stage communicationDesigned to address on-stage communication problems for artists who employ in-ear monitoring systems, the HotShot DM-1 is a simple passive footswitch that enables artists on stage to quickly reroute their signal without disrupting the performance. Using the DM-1 is easy - connect any dynamic mic to the input and the send the main XLR output to the mixer, then connect a cable from the second output of the DM-1 to feed a common intercom buss. As soon as you depress the momentary footswitch, the signal going to the main output is muted and redirected to the monitoring system. This allows the musician to discreetly speak with other band members or discuss a technical problem with the crew. As soon as the footswitch is released, the system automatically reverts back to normal operation, allowing the show to continue on as normal.
Using DM1 for silent communication on stagePlug your mic into the DM1, connect output-1 to the PA system and output-2 to a separate channel on the monitor desk. When you press & hold the footswitch, the PA system output is muted and the signal goes to the band.
Using the DM1 as a cough muteSometimes you just have to cough! Connect your mic to the DM1 input and output-1 to the audio system. When the urge to cough or mute the system occurs, simply depress and hold the footswitch. Let go to revert back to normal operation.
Using the DM1 to add effectsA great way to add a special effect to your mic is to use two channels with the first set to normal and the second set with extra effects such as echo or chorus. Just hold the foot switch when you need the effects. Simply depress the momentary footswitch to engage the effects, release to go back to normal.
- Redirects mic signal to communicate with techs
- Allows band members with in-ear monitors to chat between songs
- Momentary switch requires foot action to engage
- Passive design does not require any power to work
- Lift: Switch disconnects the ground on Pin-1 of Output-2.
- Output-2: Connects to sub-mixer or main console second channel. This output is active only when the toggle footswitch is held down.
- Toggle: Footswitch is momentary and routes the mic signal to Output-2 when depressed.
- Output-1: Connects to main console or first channel. This output is normally active.
- Input: Jack connects from a dynamic mic.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, true-bypass
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Dynamic range: Unlimited
- Ground lift
- Construction: 4-gauge Steel
- Size (L x W x D): 3.9" x 3.6" x 2" (99 x 92 x 51mm)
- Weight: 1.25 lb (0.56 kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable