Radial J-Iso Full Range Passive Stereo Converter
Stereo +4dB to -10dB converters and isolator
The Radial J-Iso™ and Pro-Iso™ are stereo line isolators designed to convert a professional +4dB line level balanced signal to an unbalanced -10dB consumer level device. This enables you to take the balanced output of a mixer and feed a consumer level recorder or audio input on a computer.
Exceptional signal handling
The passive design begins with 100% discrete components throughout. A set & forget level control lets you attenuate the input signal to prevent it from overloading the destination device. Output connections include a stereo pair of ¼" connectors, a set of RCAs and a mini 3.5mm (1/8") for interfacing to a mini recorder or lap-top computer. Transformer isolation helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops while eliminating stray DC currents from flowing. Construction begins with 14 gauge steel throughout utilizing Radial's unique bookend construction. This creates a protective zone around the connectors and controls for added durability. The steel construction also assists by shielding the transformers from outside magnetic fields. Inside, the J-Iso features an innovative I-beam skeletal insert that makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board. This reduces potential stress which could cause premature solder joint failure.
Using the J-Iso to record a performance
Often, the available output on a professional console is balanced +4dB. This makes it difficult to feed a portable recorder. The J-Iso comes to the rescue with a simple interface and all of the connectivity you need.
Using the J-Iso to convert a balanced signal
The J-Iso makes it easy to convert the balanced line level output from a preamp to a CD player or other consumer device. Transformer isolation further benefits by eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Using the J-Iso to feed a computer
Computers are noisy at the best of times! The Radial J-Iso's premium Jensen transformers help eliminate buzz and hum while delivering exceptional audio. Adjust the set & forget level control on the J-Iso to set signal level.
- Converts balanced line level signals to unbalanced
- Stereo signal path with set & forget level control
- Transformer isolated to eliminate hum & buzz
- Features Jensen transformers for optimal signal path
+4dB balanced inputs follow AES standard for easy interface with professional gear.
Disconnects ground at the XLR pin-3. Helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Used to adjust the signal for optimal recording is recessed so that it cannot be accidentally changed.
Choice of ¼" and RCA stereo outputs for easy patching with studio and consumer audio equipment
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Jensen JT-11-YMPC
- Number of channels:Stereo (dual mono)
- Frequency response:20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB/ -1.5dB)
- Dynamic range: 130dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.001% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 0.5° @ 100Hz; 1° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 1.3k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 520 Ohms, balanced
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -58dB
- Maximum Input: +20dBu @ 1kHz/1% THD+N
- Ground lift, Level Control
- Input Connectors: XLR
- Output Connectors: 1/4", RCA and 3.5mm TRS unbalanced
- Construction:14 gauge steel chassis
- Size (L x W x D):8.4cm x 12.7cm x 4.8cm (3.3" x 5" x 2")
- Weight:0.7 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping size (L x W x D):10.2cm x 7.6cm x 16.5cm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping weight:0.87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power:Passive, no power required
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C