Radial JD6 6-Channel Passive Rackmount DI for Keyboards
Six-Channel Passive Direct Box
The JD6™ a high performance six-channel rackmount direct box designed for the most demanding studio and live touring applications.
Six JDI direct boxes in one
Stemming from the industry standard Radial JDI™, the JD6 incorporates six premium Jensen transformers with extra RF filtering to ensure optimal signal transfer with the minimal noise, phase shift, or distortion. These are also able to withstand extreme signal levels, which makes the JD6 particularly effective when managing high-output active devices such as digital pianos that will often overload most direct boxes or preamps. Each JD6 channel is equipped with a rear-mounted ¼" instrument input and thru-put for the artist's amp plus a balanced XLR output to feed the mixing desk, while Channels 1 and 2 include front panel connectors that switch the input as soon as a cable is inserted for improved efficiency in the studio.
The JD6 with 4 Stereo Sources
The front panel RCA switch lets you toggle between sources, such as a computer or CD player, with your keyboards making the JD6 particularly effective when used in larger touring rigs.
The JD6 on Stage
Use channels 1 and 2 to patch in a stereo master keyboard via the front panel and connect your rackmount synths and modules using the rear panel connectors.
Using the JD6 in the Studio
The JD6 is great to patch in all kinds of instruments… not just keys! It features the same fabulous audio signal path as the world renowned Radial JDI, only six times better!
- Multi-channel direct box for concert touring and studio recording
- Jensen transformer-equipped for exceptional audio quality
- Handles hot signal levels without distortion
- Front and rear panel connectivity for additional routing options
On channels 1 and 2 for flexibility in the studio and live on-stage.
High-frequency roll-off at 8kHz removes noisy hiss from old equipment and computers.
On 1 and 2 allow you to connect CD players and consumer products easily.
Engages a passive mixer that sums the input and thru jacks together to save mixer channels.
Reduces input level for ultra hot signals such as CD players.
Inverts signal polarity at the XLR output to adapt to old gear and fix phase problems.
Disconnects the ground at the XLR pin-1 to help eliminate ground loops.
Are made from rugged glass-filled nylon for years of use.
Floating Channel Design
Provides 100% isolation between channels.
- Audio circuit type: passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Jensen JT-DBE, 12:1 ratio
- Number of channels: 6
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input:+21dB @ 20Hz
- Input pad, Mono Sum, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, LPF
- Input Connectors:1/4", RCA
- Output Connectors:1/4", XLR
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D):19" x 6.25" x 1.75" (48.3cm x 15.875cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight: 3.6 kg (8 lbs.)
- Shipping size (L x W x D):22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping weight: 3.7 kg (8.15 lbs.)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C