Radial JDV MKV Class-A DI w/ 2 Inputs
Active Direct Box, Preamp, & Input SwitcherThe Radial JDV™ is a premium active direct box and preamp that features two inputs that can handle almost any source, from active and passive instruments, to microphones and piezo transducers.
The direct box that does it allThe JDV makes no compromises on available features or audio quality, opting instead to provide anything you could ever ask of a high-performance DI box. Designed for studio recording or pro-touring applications, the JDV provides exceptional headroom with massive 30-Volt internal rails, resulting in virtually zero distortion and producing an incredibly transparent and natural representation of your instrument. It has two inputs which can be individually selected or blended together and phase-aligned, with the ability to handle condenser mic's, piezo transducers, and the outputs of effectively any instrument. The balanced output can be set to mic or line-level, allowing you to bypass an additional preamp and connect directly to a recording interface for pristine studio recordings.
Two bass guitarsConnect two instruments and switch between them using the optional JR-2 A-B footswitch. Adjust the levels to match. Then mute for quiet on-stage tuning using the JR-2 mute footswitch.
Acoustic guitar with a mic and pickupCombine the sound of an under-the-bridge piezo with an instrument mounted microphone. Phase adjust the two sources using the built-in Radial Phazer for the most natural sound ever!
Electric and upright bassSeamlessly switch between your electric bass and acoustic upright. Use either the piezo optimized inputs or the 48V phantom powered mic input to amplify your acoustic bass.
The Radial JDV is unlike any other direct box made today. The absence of phase cancelling negative feedback in the front end combined with 100% discrete class-A electronics results in an astonishing clarity that is unmatched. The addition of switchable Jensen isolation transformers add yet another dimension by adding natural compression when pushed into saturation. The resulting tone can be observed in the FFT graph showing a warm cascade of even harmonics that will please even the most demanding audiophile.
- 100% discrete class-A active direct box
- Combine instrument and microphone inputs and phase-align
- Drag Control load correction for natural tone
- Huge 30-Volt rails for exceptional headroom
- Fully variable potentiometer, used to set the input sensitivity for channel-A.
- Switches input impedance from 10 meg ? for piezos to Drag control for magnetic pickups.
- LED indicator lets you know 48V phantom power is activated.
- High Pass Filter eliminates excessive low frequency mud that can cause resonance and acoustic feedback on stage.
- Channel selector switch, toggles between A and B inputs with LED status indicators.
- Switches input impedance from 10 meg ? for piezo transducers to 220k ? for magnetic pickups.
- LEDs show signal presence and if you are exceeding the maximum input level.
- Adjusts the relative phase between channel A and B to time align fundamentals for a more natural sound.
- Audio circuit type: Proprietary analog circuit with low-noise op-amp
- Number of channels: 2
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Dynamic range: 107db
- Gain: +25db
- Clip Level: +17dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.004%
- Input Impedance: Drag on: Variable from 22K ? ~ 500K ? Drag off: 10M ?
- Output Impedance: 400 ?
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -80dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -90dbu
- Input pad, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, HPF, Drag Control, Level Control, Phase Adjustment, Phantom Power, Remote Footswitch
- Input Connectors: 2 x unbalanced 1/4", Mic Input unbalanced 1/4"
- Output Connectors: XLR, 1/4" thru
- Extras: Tuner Output
- 14-gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Size (L x W x D):
- 5" x 6.25" x 2" (127 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.80lbs (1.28 kg)
- Power: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V phantom
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable