Radial JDX-48 Guitar Amp DI w/ Speaker Emulation
Guitar Amp Direct Box
The JDX 48™ is a direct box designed to capture the sound of an electric guitar amplifier by connecting between the amp head and the speaker cabinet, providing a balanced feed for the PA system that sounds like a well-placed microphone on your amp.
Deliver your amp's tone through the PA
The JDX 48 makes it easy to get a consistent and natural amplifier tone through the PA system night after night, by taking a feed directly from your amplifier and employing Radial's popular JDX speaker emulation that produces an effect similar to placing a dynamic microphone in front of a 4x12 half stack cabinet. This gives you a more manageable sound onstage for gigs where feedback is an issue, or if mic'ing your amp isn't an option. For artists that employ in-ear monitoring systems, the JDX 48 provides consistent tone each night in the monitor mix for shorter setup times and a more comfortable audio feed for the artist.
Dual powering options
The JDX 48 can be powered using 48V phantom from the mixing console, for a cleaner setup on stage that eliminates the need to carry a power supply to the gig. However, for times when phantom power may not be available, the JDX 48 also ships with a separate DC power supply - giving you a redundant powering option so you never have to perform without your JDX.
JDX 48 Applications
JDX 48 Applications
The Radial JDX is connected in between the head and the cabinet where it taps a minute signal off the circuit. The reactive load captures both the sound from the head and the impulse from the cabinet for a more realistic tone.
Using the Radial JDX 48 on bass
Bass guitar sounds amazing with the JDX! You get a fat low-mid punch and extra clarity that makes the bass stand out. It truly sounds like you are playing through an SVT with all the grind and drive… yet it is coming through the PA.
Using the JDX 48 with a mic and the Phazer
For even more fun, combine the direct sound of the JDX with a microphone. Use the Radial Phazer to time-align the two signals and be prepared for the biggest, fattest, most amazing tones ever. Careful… this is addictive!
- Capture the sound of your amplifier through a direct box
- Delivers consistent tone across every performance
- Works equally well on electric guitar and bass
- Can be powered from 48V phantom or DC supply
Innovative circuit lifts ground without cutting 48V phantom power.
Extends low frequency response to simulate 15" driver
No Slip Pad
Provides electrical & mechanical isolation and keeps the JDX from sliding around.
Increases power handling for 300 Watt amps.
1/4" jack connects from amp head to JDX.
1/4" jack connects JDX to Speaker
Creates protective design around the connectors and switches for added durability.
Balanced 600 Ohm mic level output, used to feed mixer or mic preamp.
180° Polarity Reverse
Toggles XLR pins-2 & 3 to help phase align sound sources.
Used to retain the power supply cable and eliminate accidental disconnect.
15 VDC PSU
Input for the included power supply. Use when 48V phantom is not available.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type: Discrete Class-A - Transformer Isolated
- Frequency response:Shaped for guitar use
- Dynamic range: 114dB
- Total harmonic distortion:<0.015% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz
- Intermodulation Distortion:0.03% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Input Impedance: 15k?
- Output Impedance: 2k? (XLR out)
- Noise:-100dBu below 0dBu
- Maximum Input:120W @ 8?
- Maximum Output:+14dBu (clip level)
- 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift
- Input Connectors:One 1/4" input
- Output Connectors:One XLR output, one 1/4" output
- Extras:Bass extension lowers frequency response for bass guitar, 300W amp increases power handling from 100W to 300W, Active speaker emulation band-pass filter
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Size (L x W x D):6.25" x 5" x 2" (159 x 127 x 51mm)
- Weight:2.80lbs (1.28 kg)
- Power: 48V phantom or +15VDC/400mA adapter Included
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C