Radial JS2 Passive Mic Splitter
Passive 2-way Microphone Splitter
The JS2™ is a high performance balanced mic-level splitter designed to send a signal to multiple destinations simultaneously, with one transformer-isolated output and two direct outputs.
Portable mic splitting on stage or in the studio
The JS2 is a professional mic splitter designed to split a single source to multiple destinations simultaneously without signal degradation or noise. A premium Jensen transformer inside provides galvanic isolation to eliminate buzz and hum from ground loops, while maintaining an extremely wide bandwidth with ultra-low distortion and phase shift. Ground lifts on the outputs help further reduce noise, while an input pad allows line-level sources to connected as well. Both the JS2 and the JS3 can be rack mounted for touring and installation purposes, with up to eight fitting in the Radial J-Rak.
Using the JS2 for a 2-way split
The Radial JS2 is the perfect interface for splitting a microphone to feed more than one mixer at the same time. 100% isolation eliminates potential ground loops between the two consoles for quiet performance. The main output provides a 48V phantom power return path to the mic.
Using the JS2 to compare two mic preamps
In the studio, it is often advantageous to compare the sound of two mic preamps on a particular voice. The JS2 is ideally suited for this as it will not color the sound of the mic or add distortion. The plug & play simplicity makes set up quick.
- Send one microphone signal to three destinations simultaneously
- Jensen transformer-equipped for exceptional audio quality
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Single isolated output provides optimal noise rejection
Reduces input by 30dB to allow +4dB line-level devices to be connected.
XLR Mic Input
Standard 600? main input.
600? connects to main PA with phantom-power return path to microphone.
No Slip Pad
Provides electrical & mechanical isolation and keeps the unit from sliding around.
Book End Design
Creates a protective zone around the jacks and switches.
600? Second direct out can connect to recording or monitor systems. On the JS3 this output is transformer-isolated.
Disconnects the ground path at the XLR output.
Isolated 600? connects to a recording or broadcast system without noise.
I-beam enclosure makes it impossible to torque the PC board; eliminates cold solder joints.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type: Passive mic/line splitter, transformer based
- Transformer: JT-MB-CPC, 1:1 ratio
- Number of channels: Three-way splitter (one in/three out)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB/ -2dB)
- Dynamic range:140dB
- Total harmonic distortion:0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 0.7° @ 100Hz; 2.8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 2.4k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input:+25dBu @ 1kHz
- Input pad, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: XLR-F in
- Output Connectors: Isolated output
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55lb (0.7kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D):4" x 3" x 6.5" (102 x 76 x 165mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.92lb (0.87kg)
- Power:Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C