Radial JS3 Passive Mic Splitter
Passive 3-way Microphone Splitter
The JS3™ is a high performance balanced mic-level splitter designed to send a signal to multiple destinations simultaneously, with two transformer-isolated outputs and one direct output.
Portable mic splitting on stage or in the studio
The JS3 is a professional mic splitter designed to split a single source to multiple destinations simultaneously without signal degradation or noise. A premium Jensen transformer inside provides galvanic isolation to eliminate buzz and hum from ground loops, while maintaining an extremely wide bandwidth with ultra-low distortion and phase shift. Ground lifts on the outputs help further reduce noise, while an input pad allows line-level sources to connected as well. Both the JS2 and the JS3 can be rack mounted for touring and installation purposes, with up to eight fitting in the Radial J-Rak.
Using the JS3 to feed three mixers
Sometimes, you need to feed the main mixer, stage monitors and a recorder at the same time. The JS3 makes hook-up easy with XLR input, direct out and two isolated outputs. These eliminate ground loops when connecting multiple mixers at the same time.
- Send one microphone signal to three destinations simultaneously
- Jensen transformer-equipped for exceptional audio quality
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Dual isolated outputs provide optimal noise rejection
Reduces input by 30dB to allow +4dB line-level devices to be connected
XLR Mic Input
Standard 6000 main input.
600? connects to main PA with phantom-power return path to microphone.
No Slip Pad
Provides electrical & mechanical isolation and keeps the unit from sliding around.
Book End Design
Creates a protective zone around the jacks and switches.
Disconnects the ground path at the XLR output.
Isolated 600? connects to a recording or broadcast system without noise.
I-beam enclosure makes it impossible to torque the PC board; eliminates cold solder joints.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type: Passive mic/line splitter, transformer based
- Transformer: JT-MB-DPC, 1:1:1 ratio
- Number of channels: Three-way splitter (one in/three out)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB/ -2dB)
- Dynamic range:140dB
- Total harmonic distortion:0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 0.7° @ 100Hz; 2.8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 2.4k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 2.4k Ohms, unbalanced
- Maximum Input:+25dBu @ 1kHz
- Input pad, Ground lift
- Input Connectors:XLR-F in
- Output Connectors:Two isolated outputs
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight:1.55lb (0.7kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D):4" x 3" x 6.5" (102 x 76 x 165mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.92lb (0.87kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C