Radial JX44 Guitar & Amp Controller w/ 4 Inputs
Concert Touring Guitar & Amp Signal Manager
The Radial JX44 is a guitar signal manager and switcher designed for the most demanding professional concert stages where wireless guitar systems, acoustics, effects and multiple amplifiers are used simultaneously.
The ultimate guitar signal manager
The JX44 is the most complete guitar and amp switching and routing system available for professional concert touring, providing you with the ability to connect and manage up to four guitars, six amplifiers, an effects chain and a remote pedalboard with seamless integration throughout. Optional JR-5 remote footswitches can be used to select the inputs and outputs individually or to program and recall scenes to activate multiple amplifiers with a single footswitch. A local effects loop can be used to connect rackmount signal processors, and an SGI line driver is built-in to feed distant pedalboards with ease when used with the SGI-44 remote guitar interface. An assignable direct box output is also featured, and the JX44 can be used to reamp balanced line-level signals, with front panel status indicators to provide an easy systems check at a glance.
Using the JX44 on a big stage
The Radial JX44 is command central for wireless guitars and a barrage of amplifiers. The JR5 remotely controls the amps or effects loops letting you set up various scenes for instant setup changes.
Using the JX44 to manage four instruments
Use the JX44 to select between 4 instruments for quick changes between songs. Individual level controls on inputs 3 and 4 make it easy to balance the signals. Use the built-in Radial DI to feed the PA system.
Using the JX44iIn the studio
The JX44's built in DI box is perfect for recording a clean track. Send it back to the built in Reamp to feed up t six amps simultaneously. Add pedals and move mics to create the ultimate wall of sound.
- Select between up to 4 guitars and 6 amps
- Programmable with optional JR5 footswitch
- Built in DI box, SGI line driver and X-Amp Reamper
- Transformer isolated to eliminate ground loops
Emergency bypass switch with LED indicator overides other controls and defaults to input-A to output-1.
Input A & B
with front and rear jacks (front jacks have priority over rear) and DRAG load correction.
Retains the feel of the instrument by correcting the load passive pickups see.
Input C & D
with rear input jacks and TRIM controls to balance instrument levels.
with six LEDs for at-a-glance system status.
switch with LED indicator. Manual or program modes.
Transformer isolation to eliminate noise caused by ground loops.
Polarity reverse to phase correct amps & effects pedals.
stops hum caused by ground loops.
Convenient front panel switch for silent tuning.
15VDC power supply connection with innovative cable lock to prevent accidental power loss.
ports connect to the JR-5 footswitch with standard mic cables.
Two single amp outputs and two dual amp outputs for up to six amplifiers.
Tuner & Mute
buffered output for an electronic tuner and simple footswitch mute.
local effects loop send & receive jacks for pedals and rackmount effects.
Built-in Radial direct box for PA, recording and reamping.
Balanced re-amping interface with level control.
Balanced effects loop works with SGI•44 to drive long cables to and from a pedalboard.
Instrument inputs for rackmount preamps and wireless systems.
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Audio circuit type:Active 100% discrete class-A with transformer isolation
- Frequency response:20Hz ~ 20kHz (± 2.5dB)
- Dynamic range:118dB (unbalanced input to unbalanced output)
- Total harmonic distortion:0.008% @ 1k (unbalanced input to unbalanced output)
- Intermodulation Distortion:0.02% @ -20dBu (unbal. input to unbal. output)
- Input Impedance: Variable from 10k Ohms ~ 1 megaOhm
- Output Impedance: ¼" unbalanced: 3k Ohms; XLR balanced: 150 Ohms
- Noise: -106dBu (unbalanced input to unbalanced output)
- Maximum Input:+12dBu (unbalanced input to unbalanced output)
- 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, Drag Control, Level Control, Effects Loop, Remote Footswitch
- Input Connectors:1/4"
- Output Connectors:1/4", XLR DI
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D):17.5" x 6" x 1.75" (44.5cm x 15.25cm x 1.75cm)
- Weight:10.7lb (4.8kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D):22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping weight: 11.3lbs (5.1kg)
- Power: 15V 1A adapter included
- Conditions:For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C