Radial KL-8 Rackmount Keyboard Mixer 4 Input
Ultimate Keyboard ControlThe KL-8 is a rackmount keyboard mixing station designed to provide complete control over a professional keyboard setup, both on-stage and in the recording studio.
Put yourself in control of the mixThe KL-8 is a powerful mixing station created with keyboard pros in mind, with a number of features designed specifically to streamline and enhance any keyboard setup. You can connect up to four keyboards in mono or stereo, with level controls, aux sends, and LED indicators for each. A stereo aux send/receive is available to feed rackmount reverbs and delays and effects pedals, or it can be used as an additional input for a fifth keyboard. MIDI and USB connections make it easy to control a laptop soft-synth, utilizing high quality 24bit/192kHz digital audio converters. The KL-8 also features multiple output options, with transformer-isolated XLR main outputs to feed the PA, monitor outputs for a set of speakers on stage, and dual headphone outputs for local monitoring and testing.
Redundant USB inputsWhen you can't afford to have a break in the performance due to laptop failure, the KL-8 allows you to set up redundant laptop systems and seamlessly transition from one to another. A secondary USB input on the KL-8 allows you to keep your backup laptop at the ready - when failure occurs simply hit the USB select switch on the front panel or use the optional JR-1L remote footswitch to instantly switch to the backup system.
Silent cueing and monitoring via headphonesA built in headphone amp and dual 1/4" TRS outputs give you the option to practice and record silently, or cue up individual inputs on stage without feeding signal out to the audience over the PA system. Each input channel on the KL-8 is accompanied by a Cue switch that will remove that input from the main and monitor outputs and reroute it directly to the headphones, so you can easily adjust patch settings and test playback over USB without affecting the performance.
- Four stereo analog inputs for keyboards
- Redundant USB connections for laptop soft-synths
- Stereo Aux Send/Receive with optional footswitch control
- Headphone outputs and cue switches for silent monitoring
- Link multiple KL-8s for larger setups
- Inputs 1-3: Level controls, LED meters, and Aux sends for three stereo keyboards.
- Cue: Used for silent auditioning by muting the channel from the Main Out.
- Vu: LED indicators to show that signal is present or clipping.
- Ch4 / USB In: Additional controls for a fourth keyboard and USB inputs.
- Aux Return Assign: Determines whether the Aux Return feeds all outputs or only the Monitor and Headphone outputs.
- Aux Return: Adjusts the level of the aux return inputs.
- Monitor Out: Used to adjust the stage volume of a powered speaker on stage.
- Main Out: Sets the KL-8 output level to the PA system.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Dynamic range: Main & Monitor Outputs: 90 dB referred to +28 dBu, 102 dB A-Weighted
- Total harmonic distortion: Main & Monitor Outputs: 0.01% (100Hz to 20kHz @ 0 dBu) (-80 dB)
- Input Impedance: Analog Inputs 1-4: 14.3 to 20k ? (input level max / input level min); Auxillary Inputs: 33k ?
- Output Impedance: Auxillary Outputs: 2.2k ?; Main & Monitor Inputs: 1.1k ?l Headphone Outputs: 51 ?
- Maximum Input: Analog Inputs 1-4: +18 dBu (+16dBV); Auxillary Inputs: +11dBu
- Maximum Output: Auxillary Outputs: +18dBu; Main & Monitor Outputs: +28dBu; Headphone Outputs: 0.4 W into 15 ? (8.3 VRMS max)
- Extras: USB Digital Connection - Bit Depth / Sample Rate: 24bit /192kHz
- Size (L x W x D): 19" x 7" x 1.62" (48.26mm x 17.8mm x 4.13mm)
- Weight: 6.25lb (2.83kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9mm x 26.4mm x 11.4mm)
- Shipping weight: 8.9lb (4.04kg)
- Power: 100V to 240V, locking 4-pin XLR
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable