Radial ProMS2 Passive Mic Splitter
Passive 2-way Microphone SplitterThe ProMS2ô is a balanced mic-level splitter designed to send a signal to multiple destinations simultaneously on stage, with one transformer-isolated output and two direct outputs.
Portable mic splitting for stage useThe ProMS2 is a mic splitter designed to split a single source to multiple destinations simultaneously without signal degradation or noise. A high quality Eclipse transformer inside provides galvanic isolation to eliminate hum and buzz from ground loops, while delivering a wide frequency response and low distortion. Ground lifts on the outputs help further reduce noise, while an input pad allows line-level sources to be connected as well. The ProMS2 can be rack mounted for touring and installation purposes, with up to eight fitting in the Radial J-Rak.
Using the ProMS2 for a 2-way splitThe Radial ProMS2 is the perfect interface for splitting a microphone to feed more than one mixer at the same time. 100% isolation eliminates potential ground loops between the two consoles for quiet performance while the main output provides a 48V phantom power return path to the mic.
Using the ProMS2 for a 3-way splitSometimes, you need to feed the main mixer, stage monitors and a recorder at the same time. Connect the source mic to the ProMS2 XLR input, the direct out with phantom power return path to the main mixer, the direct out with ground lift to the monitor desk and the isolated out to the recording system.
Using the ProMS2 to compare two mic preampsIn the studio, it is often advantageous to compare the sound of two mic preamps on a particular voice, instrument or amplifier. The ProMS2 makes comparing preamps easy! Simply connect the mic to the ProMS2 and then split the signal to feed the two preamps and record with the one that sounds best!
Send one microphone signal to three destinations simultaneously.
Eclipse transformer for clean & transparent audio.
Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Single isolated output provides optimal noise rejection.
- Pad: Reduces sensitivity by -30dB to allow +4dB line-level devices to be connected.
- XLR Input: Standard 3-pin female XLR microphone input.
- No Slip Pad: Provides Electrical and mechanical isolation and keeps the unit from sliding around.
- Direct-1 Thru: Use to connect to main PA. Provides phantom-power return path to microphone.
- Powder Coat: Durable finish keeps your ProMS2 looking great for years.
- Book End Design: Creates a protective zone around the jacks and switches.
- Direct-2 Thru: Alternate direct output used to connect to a recording or monitor system.
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 ground at the XLR Thru output.
- XLR Output: Transformer Isolated out
- Audio circuit type: Passive
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-MS10
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB -1dB)
- Dynamic range: >140dB
- Gain: -0.5dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.001%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.003%
- Phase Deviation: 1? @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 2.5K Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 140K Ohms, balanced
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -115dB at 60Hz
- Noise: -140dB
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Input pad
- Input Connectors: XLR-F
- Output Connectors: XLR-M
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 5.0" x x
- Weight: 1.55lb (0.7kg)
- Shipping weight: 1.92lb (0.87kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable