Radial Reamp JCR Passive John Cuniberti Reamper
Original Reamp Circuit
The Reamp JCR is a passive Reamper that allows you to take a prerecorded track and send it back to a guitar or bass amplifier and re-record it. The benefits are tremendous: instead of worrying about the sound of the track, you can focus your attention on getting the best musical performance. Once the magic has been captured, you can send the guitarist home and Reamp the track at will as you move the mics around the room, try various amplifiers or introduce effects. Best of all, you can Reamp the track later as the production develops.
Play now, perfect later
The Radial Reamp JCR is the latest version of the original Reamp that was designed and patented by John Cuniberti. It features a 100% passive design with John's original custom wound 'Made in the USA' transformer and circuit. The latest Radial version features separate XLR and º" TRS input connectors, variable output level plus a three-position filter that lets you tame excessive highs, warm up the lows or simply bypass if you want to revert to the original circuit. An on-board mute function has also been added to allow you to shut off the signal going to the amps when making adjustments or moving mics around the studio.
Reamping Part 1
Reamping usually starts by recording a dry clean track. The Radial J48 is an excellent choice for this as it presents the guitar with an ideal impedance for natural tone.
Reamping Part 2
Once the dry track is recorded, send it back to the Reamp JCR where it can feed a guitar or bass amplifier. Mic the amp to capture the new tone. Move the mic around to find the sweet spot.
Take things one step further by introducing effects pedals into the mix. Try a wah pedal on kick drum; envelope on snare; distortion on a vocal track. Let your imagination run free!
Lets you re-record tracks through a guitar or bass amp.
Original Reamp circuit designed by John Cuniberti.
Plug and play easy to use passive design.
Improves productivity while expanding creative options.
- 1/4" TRS input: Connects from your recording workstation and is suitable for both lo-Z and hi-Z sources. Wired in parallel with the XLR.
- 1/4" Output: Unbalanced instrument level output connects from the JCR to amps and effects. Transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Mute: Silences the 1/4" output from the JCR going to the guitar or bass amplifier.
- Filter: 3-Position switch with high-cut to warm overly bright amps, low-cut to clean up low end mud or bypass to back to the origial reamp circuit.
- Level: Used to control the signal level going from the JCR to the guitar or bass amplifier.
- Phase Invert: Flips the polarity at the output to compensate for amps or effects that invert the phase of the signal.
- Ground Lift: Disconnects ground at the input to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- XLR Input: Balance input, connects from the output of your recording system to the JCR.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer isolated
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (+0dB/-1dB)
- Dynamic range: 140dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.001% @ 1kHz/0dBu input
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0025% @ 1kHz/-10dB input
- Phase Deviation: 2? @ 100Hz; 0? @ 800Hz
- Input Impedance: 1800 Ohms
- Output Impedance: 4.8k Ohms
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -55dB @ 55Hz
- Noise: -115dBu
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- 180? polarity reverse, Ground lift, HPF, LPF, Level Control
- Input Connectors: 1/4" TRS, XLR
- Output Connectors: 1/4" unbalanced
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.32lb (600g)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 4" x 3" x 6.5" (102 x 76 x 165mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.85lb (840g)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable