Radial Reamp Kit w/ Radial J48 DI & X-Amp Reamper
The Radial X-Amp is an active Reamper that allows the engineer to play a pre-recorded track back through guitar amplifiers and pedals. This opens the door to explore new musical sounds and spur on the creative process so that your recording stands out.
Reamp for professionals
Following the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector, the X-Amp employs a unique class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, a transformer isolated output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, a 180? polarity reverse switch to bring both amps into phase, and a dual ground lift switch for noise-free operation.
To Reamp, start by recording a dry track using a Radial J48 and splitting the signal. Record the wet track using a mic so that the guitarist can hear it. Send him to the beach!
Send the dry track back to the guitar amps and pedals using the X-Amp. Adjust the tone and move the mics around till it sounds right. You can always come back and Reamp later.
Reamping Not just for guitars!
Try sending a vocal track into a Marshall amp or a Tonebone Classic-V9 to add tube warmth and grit. Take it a step further by sending your kick drum to a wah pedal. There are no limits!
Active ReampÆ with two outputs.
100% discrete class-A signal path.
Transformer isolated to eliminate noise.
LED peak indicator and level control.
- XLR In: Balanced +4dB line lvel input is used to receive the audio signal from the recorder. Follows AES stamdard with pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot (+), pin-3 cold (-).
- Ground: Lifts pin-1 ground on the XLR input, diverting the ground connection to the 1/4: Out-1.
- Power: 15VDC 400mA power supply connection for the supplied external supply.
- No Slip Pad: Neoprese isolation pad provides electrical isolation from the chassis and mechanical insulation from rough handling.
- Power LED: Automatically illuminates when the power supply is connected. Lets you know the X-Amp is on and ready to use.
- Level: Lets you adjust the X-Amp output level going to the amplifiers.
- Clip LED: Provides visual cue of input signal. When this light goes on, turn down the source! You are overloading the X-Amp input circuit.
- Out-1: Direct buffered output is used to feed your first amp. This should be a properly grounded amp that has passed local safety approvals.
- 180? Polarity: Reverses the absolute phase on output 2 so that both amplifiers play in phase. It can also be used to create different effects.
- Connector: Nylon XLR connector with extra large nickel-silver pin contacts. Tougher than steel.
- 100% Discrete: Full sized parts are hand inserted to deliver the very best audio quality. Class-A circuit design for pure tone.
- Transformer: Provides 100% isolation to eliminate hum and noise caused by ground loops.
- Ground Lift: Applies to guitar amp output 2 - provides alternate ground path if needed or can help eliminate ground loops.
- Circuit Board: Double-sided military spec for greated durability and full ground plane to reduce radio frequency interference.
- 14-Gauge Steel I-Beam construction prevents circuit board from torque which could lead to part failure.
- Audio circuit type: 100% discrete class-A
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 15kHz (± 1.0dB)
- Dynamic range: 119dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% @ -15dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.02% @ -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 600 ohms
- Noise: Out-1 -110dB; Out-2 -108dBu
- Maximum Input: +22dBu
- 180? polarity reverse, Ground lift, Level Control
- Input Connectors: XLR
- Output Connectors: 1/4" Isolated and Direct
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55lb (720g)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 5" x 2.75" x 10.75" (127 x 70 x 273mm)
- Shipping weight: 2.6lb (1.18kg)
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable