Radial Relay XO Balanced AB Wireless Signal Router
Balanced Remote Output SwitcherThe Relay Xo is an audio switcher designed to route balanced mic or line-level signals between two separate destinations, with the ability to be operated remotely with an optional JR-1 footswitch.
Reroute signals on stageDesigned to address on-stage communication problems for artists who employ in-ear monitoring systems, the Relay Xo is a remotely controlled active switcher that enables artists on stage to quickly reroute their signal without disrupting the performance. Connect the output of a dynamic microphone or wireless receiver to the Relay Xo input, then feed output-A to the PA system, and output-B to a common intercom buss. As soon as the Relay Xo is switched, it cuts the signal feeding the PA and redirects it to the monitoring system, allowing the musician to discreetly speak with other band members or the crew.
Remote accessWhen artists that employ wireless microphones on tour, the receivers are typically located off stage. The remote input on the Relay Xo allows it to be connected next to the wireless receivers to reduce cable clutter, while still providing control to the artist on stage with a remote footswitch. Two versions of the Radial JR1 footswitch are available for use with the Relay Xo; the JR1-M with a momentary switch that will activate output-B as long as the footswitch is held down, and the JR1-L with a latching switch that will hold on the last selected output.
Switch mic between live and communicationsUse the Relay Xo to switch the vocal mic between the PA system and intercom so that you can speak to the technical crew or other band members. Use the optional JR1-M momentary footswitch to remotely control. This avoids unsightly hand signals!
Switch from dry to wet audio channelsOn gigs where you do not have your regular soundman, use the Relay Xo to toggle between a dry channel on the mixer to chat with the crowd - and a wet channel with reverb and delay to enhance your vocals when singing. Use the optional Radial JR1-L latching footswitch for switching.
Add special effects to your acoustic guitarEver wish you could add special effects to your acoustic guitar for solos or a particular song. Use the Relay to toggle between normal and solo channels on the mixer. Use the Radial JR1-L to remotely control and toggle between the two like an Eric Clapton solo!
Redirects mic signal to communicate with techs.
Allows artist to speak with musicians and techs.
Remote controllable with optional footswitch.
Link output to switch multiple units at once.
- JR1 Remote: Locking XLR and 1/4" combo jack to connect the Radial JR1 Remote footswitch. The Relay Xo Powers the JR1 Remote LED Indicators to provide local visual feedback.
- Remote Link: 1/4" link output used to expand switching to additional Relay Xo units.
- 14-Gauge Steel: I-beam enclosure makes it impossible to torque the PC board.
- Mic/Line Input: Balanced XLR input for microphone or any other audio source. Features locking XLR Connector.
- Output-B: Alternate balanced XLR output. This output is active when the select switch is pressed inward or when a remote switch is closed.
- No Slip Pad: This provides electrical isolation and plenty of "stay-put" friction to keep the Relay Xo in place.
- Output-A: Main balanced XLR output. This output is active when the switch is in the outward position or when a remote switch is open.
- Cable Clamp: Prevents accidental power disconnection by locking down the AC adapter cable.
- Power Jack: Connection for the included 15 volt (400mA) AC power adapter.
- Output Select: This switch toggles the Relay XO's outputs. Two LED indicators display which output is active.
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 (ground) on the input XLR jack to help reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Audio circuit type: Remotely controlled mechanical relay
- Frequency response: 10Hz ~ 100kHz
- Dynamic range: >140dB
- Gain: 0dB
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.0005%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.001%
- Input Impedance: Source dependent
- Output Impedance: Source dependent
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -106dB
- Noise: -115dBu
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Ground lift
- Input Connectors: XLR-F input
- Output Connectors: 2 XLR-M outputs
- Extras: Combo (XLR-F & º" ) and º" loop-through remote connectors; Contact Closure Function: With º" TRS jack, short tip and ground to switch With XLR, short pin-1 ground and pin-2 Hot to switch
- Construction: 14 gauge steel with internal I-beam
- Size (L x W x D): 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (0.6kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 2.4lbs (1.08 kg)
- Power: 15VDC, 30mA, center-pin (+)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable