Radial Trim-Two Passive DI for AV w/ Level Control
Passive Stereo Direct Box with Level ControlThe Trim-Twoô is a passive stereo direct box designed for use with laptop computers and other consumer playback devices, eliminating hum and buzz from ground loops while providing an easy-access level control for quick adjustments on stage.
A noise-free interface for your audio devicesThe Trim-Two allows you to connect any playback device and interface it with balanced pro audio equipment without signal loss or hum and buzz from ground loops. It features two transformers which isolate and balance the audio output from your source device, eliminating noise and allowing you to use long cable runs without signal degradation. A handy mono sum switch makes it easy to reduce the output channel count or send the same signal to two destinations at once, and an accessible level control gives you the ability to adjust levels in an instant. Multiple input connector types make it easy to hook up any consumer line level playback source, from laptops & smartphones to DJ equipment. The completely passive design means that you never have to worry about powering the Trim-Two, making it truly plug & play.
Using the Trim-Two in a keyboard setupUse your laptop as a sound source with the Trim-Two connected to control the volume and send a balanced signal to the PA system.
Using the Trim-Two with a DJ setupSimplify your DJ setup using a PC to play sound files and the Trim-Two to balance the signal. The handy volume control makes it easy to manage.
Using the Trim-Two with a tabletPlay your sound files using the Trim-Two by connecting it from the headphone output to the 3.5mm input. Use the variable level control to trim the level and avoid distortion.
Stereo direct box for line level sources.
Passive signal path with transformer isolation.
Eliminates hum and buzz when connecting to the PA.
Level control & mono sum switch.
- 1/4" Input: Ideally suited for stereo keyboards or drum machines, wired in parallel with the RCA and TRS connections.
- RCA Inputs: Provides an easy connection from a CD Player or other -10dB consumer audio device.
- 3.5mm TRS Input: Standard mini TRS input for connecting a laptop, tablet opr iPhone to the Trim-Two.
- Level: Used to set the level going into the Trim-Two. Eliminates the need for a typical PAD switch.
- No Slip Pad: Provides electrical and mechanical isolation and keeps Trim-Two from sliding around.
- Ground Lift: Lifts pin-1 at both XLR outputs to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- XLR Out: Balanced male XLR follows AES standard with pin-1 Ground, pin-2 (+) and pin-3 (-).
- Mono Sum: Side access set & forget switch sums stereo signals to mono at both XLR outputs.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Custom
- Number of channels: Dual channel (stereo)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.009%
- Phase Deciation: <10 degree
- Input Impedance: 10K ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impredance: 2.8K ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input: +20dB @ 20Hz
- Input pad, Mono Sum, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 1/4" RCA and 3.5mm input
- Output Connectors: XLR-M output
- Extras: Copper foil shield
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (0.70 kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 4" x 3" x 6.5" (102 x 76 x 165mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.92 lbs (0.87 kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations onlybetween 5?C and 40?C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable