RANE MP 24z Professional Club Mixer: Creative DJ Features With Superior Audio Performance
The Rane MP-24z Mixer is the standard for night club mixers. Following the advice of the most renowned figures in the night club market, Rane developed the MP 24z to break down the limiting barriers of previous mixer designs.
Major Features Include:
- Four Stereo Input mixing Channels, each supplied with a selection of several Phono and Line Inputs to easily suit the needs of the most complex audio/video installations
- A total of six Stereo Line Inputs are available plus three Stereo Phono Inputs
- The Mic Control section handles two microphones simultaneously - Both mics may be contoured by the three-band Mic Equalizer as well as processed through a Mic Loop jack
- On the rear of the unit, an XLR low-Z Main Mic Input with switchable Phantom Power, and a 1/4" hi-Z Aux Mic Input are both mixable
- The Output section provides a Master Level fader, four band Program Equalizer (independent of the Mic EQ), two auxiliary output controls (Zone and Booth), a stereo 12-segment Peak Program Meter and full Headphone Control monitoring and cueing system
- The rear of the MP 24z, besides holding all of the normal Input and Output connectors, features a transformer isolated Light Control Output with associated Level control, balanced XLR Main Outputs, Program Equalizer EQ Range switch ( /-4 dB or /-8 dB) and a System Mono switch
- All sliders on the MP 24z are studio-quality faders as found on high quality audio mixing consoles.
- Active Crossfader technology combines state of the art voltage controlled amplifier design with a professional quality crossfader control for performance, reliability and serviceability
- Virtually all crossfader noise is eliminated and channel to channel crosstalk is greatly reduced and the off isolation of the faded channel is greatly increased
- Active Crossfader technology dramatically increases the service life of the crossfader (In the unlikely event of crossfader failure, there is no loss of signal)
- If a crossfader becomes rough or noisy, it may be 'hot-swapped' during a performance with no interruption of the audio signal
- Each of the Phono Inputs can be converted to Line Inputs by moving internal jumpers - Another internal jumper allows defeating the Booth Ducker circuit when the mic is activated (this feature is used by those wishing to use the Booth Output as a second record output or second zone)
- Another jumper allows the Mic section to be mixed to the Tape Outs - the default setting is "music only".
- Size: 19" w x 7" d x 5.25" h. Wt. 18 lbs.