Roland Boutique SE-02 Designer Series Analog Synth
A collaborative effort from Roland and Studio Electronics, the SE-02 is the debut product of the new Roland Boutique Designer Series. The SE-02 uses authentic discrete analog circuitry to create a synthesizer with a distinctly vintage sound and vast programming options. With an array of high-quality knobs and switches and a uniquely creative onboard sequencer, the SE-02 delivers massive tone and texture with expressive hands-on control.
The SE-02 is big and bold, with thick, rich lows and clear, vibrant highs—exactly what you think of when you imagine classic vintage synth tone. And while the SE-02 can create astonishingly great vintage sounds, it can do so much more. It has three types of cross modulation (XMOD), a ripping filter feedback loop, a tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms, envelope sweeping and inverting, oscillator sync, a noise generator, and a tempo-syncing delay.
While it’s a compact "go-anywhere" device, the knobs, switches, and buttons are sturdy and plentiful, giving you a vast palette of sound-shaping capabilities at your fingertips. Everything is hands-on and knob-per-function, with deep control and a logical, intuitive layout. To get started, you can choose from 384 expertly programmed preset sounds that cover a wide range of classic and modern tones. Tweak and modify these sounds or create something completely new, storing your own custom creations in the 128 available user locations.
- Discrete analog circuitry with knob-per-function interface
- Three voltage controlled oscillators with six waveforms
- Temperature-stabilized oscillators with automatic tuning
- 24 dB low-pass filter and dual gain-stage amplifier
- Three types of cross modulation (XMOD), feedback loop, and noise generator
- Tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms
- Tempo-syncing digital delay with bypass to maintain analog signal path
- Save and recall sounds with 384 preset and 128 user locations
- Musical and intuitive pattern sequencer with song mode
- Sequence notes, gate time, glide, and synth parameters
- CV, VCF CV and gate inputs, plus trigger in/out
- External Input for routing audio through the SE-02’s filter section
- Standard MIDI, USB-MIDI, and USB-Audio
- Create a polyphonic synth by using Chain Mode to connect two or more SE-02s together via MIDI
- Polyphony:1 voice
- Oscillators:OSC 1, OSC 2, OSC 3 (OSC 3 is also available as LFO)Waveform: Triangle, Sawtooth, Triangle + Sawtooth (OSC 1, 2 only), Reverse sawtooth (OSC 3 only), Square 1–3
- Width:300 mm 11-13/16 inches
- Depth:128 mm 5-1/16 inches
- Height:46 mm 1-13/16 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor):950 g 2 lbs 2 oz