Roland FP-90-BKC Supernatural Portable Piano
A portable piano with premium performance and go-anywhere creativity as standard
If you play the piano, you understand that inspiration can come from anywhere—where you play, who you play with, and of course, the audience you perform for. If you want to take your music to the people, the Roland FP-90 Digital Piano will help you get there. It packs Roland’s flagship piano sound engine and keyboard into a sleek, modern cabinet that also houses a multi-channel speaker system with enough power for performing in intimate venues. A carefully selected range of additional sounds that include electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths are on hand as well, allowing you to use the FP-90 in a wide variety of musical scenarios. And with Bluetooth® audio/MIDI support, you’re able to connect wirelessly with Roland’s Piano Partner 2 and other music apps on a smartphone or tablet. Available in black or white finishes, the flexible FP-90 is ready to go wherever you want to play.
Superior piano sound and touch in a go-anywhere portable format
Why should a portable piano mean you have to compromise on sound quality and keyboard feel? With the FP-90, you don’t have to settle for less, as it includes the sound engine and premium keyboard construction from their flagship pianos housed in a stylish, mobile body. Roland’s SuperNATURAL Piano modeling technology is a unique modeling process that spans the entire sound creation process of an acoustic piano, including the combination of notes played, their resonance, and the way in which the piano’s many elements interact with each other. The result is a rich, complex sound—complete with overtones—that actually changes in response to the way you play. Then there’s the PHA-50, a new type of keyboard that blends wood and molded materials for the best of both worlds. Beautiful wooden sides give each key a familiar, rigid mass that feels just right to play, while the durable inner frame means you can enjoy the FP-90 for years to come without worrying about reliability.
Powerful onboard speakers suitable for primary amplification in smaller venues
The FP-90 is equipped to sound great no matter where you play it. The discrete onboard bi-amp system delivers rich, powerful sound to the main speakers and sparkling high-end to the newly-developed dome tweeters, so your audiences will enjoy wide dynamic range and precise reproduction of each acoustic element. And with the convenient three-band equalizer on the front panel, you can easily adjust the sound to fit the venue. Whether you’re just using the onboard speakers in smaller venues or connecting to an external PA on larger stages, you’ll always have amazing sound with the FP-90.
Versatile pro-quality sound selection for any style of performance
You expect a Roland digital piano to have a great selection of piano sounds, and the FP-90 certainly delivers. But what happens when you’re playing a gig and need something other than the classic piano sound? The FP-90 has you covered with a selection of pro-grade electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths, giving you sound options to play nearly any style. You can store these favorite sounds—along with other useful settings like layers and splits—in 30 user registrations for quick recall. With dedicated Upper and Lower volume sliders on the panel, it’s easy to adjust sound balances on the fly. If you sing as well, the mic input and dedicated vocal effects like compression, doubling and reverb let you get great vocal sounds without any extra gear. You can even record whole performances to USB memory in WAV format for sharing with others!
Bluetooth connectivity enhances the way you perform and practice
These days, people often play piano along with favorite songs stored on their smartphone. With built-in Bluetooth wireless support, the FP-90 goes one step further by letting you stream music through the piano’s powerful internal speakers for a far more immersive experience. Loading Roland’s free Piano Partner 2 app on your tablet lets you get even more creative, providing access to rhythm accompaniments in genres including pop, jazz, and blues. They even follow the chords you play, and it all happens wirelessly thanks to Bluetooth* technology.
*Bluetooth not available in all regions.
- Authentic grand piano touch from the PHA-50 (Progressive Hammer Action with Escapement) keyboard, which combines wood and molded materials for great feel and lasting durability
- Uses the latest SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling technology instead of conventional sampling for a far richer, more detailed piano sound
- Four speakers provide powerful and rich sound that’s ideal for intimate live performances
- Premium selection of electric piano, strings, organ, and synth sounds, along with 30 registrations for storing favorite sound setups, including layers and splits for live performance
- Mic input and vocal effects
- Connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth wireless technology and play along with audio from your apps routed through the piano’s speaker system
- Enhance performances with rhythm accompaniments from Roland’s Piano Partner 2 app
- Flat, portable cabinet in black or white finishes
- Optional KSC-90 stand and KPD-90 pedal provide an elegant integrated look for home use
- Compatible with DP-10 Damper pedal (included) or RPU-3 Triple Pedal (optional)
- Piano Sound: Piano Sound: SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling
- Max. Polyphony: Piano: Limitless (solo playing using "Concert Piano, Ballad Piano, Mellow Piano, and Bright Piano" tones), Other: 384
- Tones: Piano: 15 tones, E.Piano: 16 tones, Strings: 11 tones, Organ: 15 tones, Pad: 15 tones, Other: 278 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- Keyboard: PHA-50 Keyboard: Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Touch Sensitivity: Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch Hammer Response
- Keyboard Modes: Whole, Dual, Split (split point adjustable)
- Speakers: Speakers: 8 x 12 cm (3-3/16 x 4-3/4 inches) x 2 (with speaker box) Dome Tweeters: 2.5 cm (1 inches) x 2
- Headphones: capable of Headphones 3D Ambience
- Master Tuning: 415.3–466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Temperament: 10 types (Equal, Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, Kirnberger I, Kirnberger II, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Werckmeister, Arabic), selectable temperament key
- Effects: Ambience, Equalizer (3-band digital equalizer), Only for organ tones: Rotary Speaker Effect, Only for E.Piano tones: Modulation Speed
- Piano Designer (Only for "Concert Piano, Ballad Piano, Mellow Piano, and Bright Piano" tones): Lid, Key Off Noise, Hammer Noise, Duplex Scale, Full Scale, String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Key Off Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Soundboard Type, Damper Noise, Single Note Tuning, Single Note Volume, Single Note Character
- Rated Power Output: 25 W x 2, 5 W x 2
- Volume Level (SPL): 107 dB (This value was measured according to the method that is based on Roland's technical standard.)
- Bluetooth: Audio: Audio: Bluetooth Ver. 3.0 (Supports SCMS-T content protection) MIDI, Turning music sheet: Bluetooth Ver. 4.0
- Effects: Compressor, Doubling, Echo
- Controls: Mic Gain knob, Mic Volume slider
- Playable Data: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1), Audio F