Roland RD-2000 Digital Stage Piano
Stage RevolutionEquipped with two independent sound engines, premium action, and advanced controller features, the Roland RD-2000 delivers unmatched performance on stage and in the studio. Blending evolved piano technologies with extensive modern control, this next-generation instrument takes the industry-standard stage piano series to new levels of inspiration and creativity. Version 1.50 software adds new sounds joining the latest piano models already onboard as well as historic RD stage piano series available from Roland’s Axial website.
Deep editing features unlock one-off custom soundsAs keys man and musical director for R&B legends Earth, Wind & Fire, Myron McKinley has a finely tuned ear for piano performance. In this video, Myron plays a jazz piece to demonstrate the stunning quality of the Roland RD-2000’s acoustic sounds, which have been customized to suit his taste.
Flexible sound-sculpting features adapt to any musical scenarioFrom the McKinley Martin Sydnor trio to the mighty Earth, Wind & Fire, Myron McKinley’s career has run the gamut of musical scenarios. But as the keys man reveals in this video interview, the Roland RD-2000 has the flexibility to adapt to every gig, offering authentic models of vintage acoustic/electric pianos, deep editing options that let him program custom sounds – and quickfire operation that means he can pull them up fast onstage.
Speedy real-time operation allows ambitious blends of acoustic piano and pad soundFor acclaimed London-based songwriter Berenice Scott, the Roland RD-2000’s capability for acoustic piano sounds and onboard ensemble sounds is a great way to bring depth and expression to her material. In this performance video, Berenice demonstrates how this latest stage keyboard excels at pure acoustic tones, then shows how easy it is to add depth to the sound at the touch of a slider.
Intuitive operation and flexible features keep inspiration flowing onstageWith 100 Scene memories allowing one-touch setup recall, plus nine sliders for real-time control, the Roland RD-2000 is the ideal gigging partner for acclaimed songwriter and session musician Berenice Scott. In this video interview, Berenice reveals how the lightning-fast operation of Roland’s latest stage piano keeps her at the heart of the live mix, and walks through the PHA-50 keyboard and dual sound engines that keep her inspired in the studio.
Classic electric piano sounds driven by Roland’s groundbreaking SA technologyTop sessioner Kola Bello needs acoustic and electric piano tones for his gig with Ellie Goulding – and thanks to twin sound engines, the Roland RD-2000 gives him the best of both worlds. In this playing example, Kola trials his favourite setting from the RD-2000’s library of iconic electric piano models, and demonstrates how this new stage piano’s milestone SA technology offers a dynamic and responsive tone to suit any performance.
Close control over parameters lets players sculpt the perfect soundBy his own admission, Kola Bello is picky about sound design in the studio. As the keys man for Ellie Goulding, Kola needs fast access to a wide palette of sounds, so for him, the editing capabilities of the Roland RD-2000 are paramount. In this video interview, he discusses why this highly customizable stage piano runs with the baton of Roland’s previous offerings, and has become an invaluable part of his stage setup.
Acoustic piano sound engine gets closer than ever to acoustic performancePowered by amazingly lifelike V-Piano technology, the Roland RD-2000 truly captures the essence of an acoustic piano. As a session veteran and self-confessed "piano snob", Peter Gordeno is well-qualified to put the new model through its paces, and inthis video example, he demonstrates just how close the RD-2000 gets to a traditional instrument, both in its vibrant sounds and the response of the PHA-50 progressive hammer-action keyboard.
The controller keyboard that puts players in charge of their rigIn his long-standing role as keys man for Depeche Mode, Peter Gordeno needs a failsafe way to communicate with his synths and plug-ins while playing the world’s biggest stages. In this video interview, the legendary session man explains why he’s come to rely on the Roland RD-2000 as a controller keyboard, and why this latest stage piano fires him up with its natural sound, open-ended features and advanced polyphony.
- Next-generation RD stage piano with two independent sound engines and modern controller features
- Dedicated acoustic piano sound engine with the latest Roland advancements provides authentic, richly detailed tone with full polyphony
- Second SuperNatural-based sound engine with 128-voice polyphony for electric pianos and additional sounds (compatible with RD-800 Live Sets)
- Eight knobs with LED status indicators and nine sliders for real-time control of sounds and effects
- Eight fully assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources (including software instruments)
- PHA-50 keyboard features hybrid wood and molded construction for premium touch and lasting durability
- Classic electric pianos on board, including Roland’s legendary RD-1000 and MKS-20
- Recreations of vintage analog effects, including the BOSS CE-1 Chorus, Roland Dimension D, and more
- Over 1100 non-piano sounds, including organs, strings, brass, synths, and many others
- Two wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds from Roland’s Axial website, including sounds from previous RD-series pianos
- 100 Scene memories for saving and recalling setups with one touch
- Traditional Roland pitch/mod lever and two assignable wheel controllers
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB audio/MIDI interface
- Two wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds downloaded from Roland’s Axial website
- Compatible with sounds from Roland’s historic RD stage piano series (RD-500/600/700SX/700GX/700NX) which are available from Roland’s Axial web site, as well as the latest onboard piano sounds based on Roland’s V-Piano technology
- Keyboard: PHA-50 Keyboard: Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Sound Generator:
- 2x Independent Sound Engines
- Sound Engine1: V-Piano Technology
- Sound Engine2: SuperNatural
- SuperNatural Piano
- SuperNatural (E.Piano, Clav)
- Virtual Tone Wheel Organ
- PCM Sound Generator
- Max. Polyphony:
- V-Piano Technology Sound Engine: Full Polyphony
- SuperNatural Sound Engine: 128 voices
- Parts: 16 parts (Max 8 parts are used in the Program)
- Tones: 1,100 tones Over
- Program: 300
- Scene: 100
- Modulation FX: 4 systems, 62 types
- Tremolo/Amp Simulator: 4 systems, 6 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Delay: 5 types
- Sympathetic Resonance (Only for SuperNatural Piano)
- 3-band Compressor
- 5-band Digital Equalizer
- File FormatAudio Files (WAV format, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
- File FormatAudio Files (WAV format, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
- External Storage DeviceUSB flash drive (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory)
- Rhythm Pattern: 200 patterns
- Slider x 9 (with illumination)
- Knobs x 8 (with illumination)
Sound Generator Section
Audio File Player