Roland VP-42H 4 x 2 HDMI Video Processor
Everything you need, on a single screenThe Roland VP-42H Video Processor layers and arranges multiple video sources to a single screen with dynamic transitions for effective and engaging presentations,digital signage and meeting applications.
The standard of visual content for presentations and events is increasing all the time. While some venues support multiple displays that can simultaneously output IMAG or presentation materials, it’s not always practical or affordable. But if you can’t make it work with multiple screens, then how about using a single large screen that can display everything you need — complete with multiple inset windows and slick, eye-catching transitions?
Traditionally, layering and switching multiple sources within a single display is complicated and expensive, requiring highly skilled operators to keep it all working. This has pushed the technology out of reach for most event producers — until now. The Roland VP-42H video processor offers customizable compositions for up to four inputs, with motion-based scene switching for a stunning visual impact.
Maximum effect, minimum effortThe VP-42H goes way beyond typical switchers. You can instantly switch between ‘scenes’ containing preset arrangements of layered sources in customizable inset windows. The VP-42H smoothly transitions between current and next scenes by automatically moving and resizing the windows to their new positions. And highly impressive scene changes that used to take hours to program now happen at the touch of a button.
Simple, solid switchingNot all events require creative display and advanced scene transition capabilities. For simpler scenarios, the VP-42H functions as a true cross-dissolve seamless switcher, with a keyer to create overlays and the ability to display still images via USB drive — perfect for logos and safety slides.
Flexible audio capabilityThe Roland VP-42H includes stereo RCA outputs for de-embedding audio from connected HDMI sources and outputting it to other devices such as speakers and mixers. Levels for each source can be set by the internal audio mixer, and if the VP-42H is being used as a compositor for recording or streaming, the audio from an external mixer or other sources can be connected to the RCA inputs and embedded into the HDMI output signal.
Fast and convenient browser-based setupQuickly configure scenes by using the web browser interface for your network-connected VP-42H. Each input’s layer can be scaled, cropped, zoomed and positioned by simply clicking and dragging. So even at a large event, a VP-42H connected to a big display will be up and running in seconds, letting you use a wirelessly connected tablet to set up compositions in no time.
Large event presentationsLED walls and projections make a big impact at corporate events, and the VP-42H can customize the display of the various data sources needed for presentations. With 10bit 4:4:4 video processing for pixel accurate color, the VP-42H ensures that detailed data sources such as spreadsheets are sharp and clear for the audience to read. And as you’ve got their attention, impress the audience with smooth and dynamic Motion Scene Switching. It makes everything look more exciting — even spreadsheets.
Meeting roomsCombine information from multiple sources including video conferences and presentations. Have all the key info on the same screen and easily switch between views to improve the delivery of information in meetings. And Motion Scene Switching makes transitioning between sources very impressive — especially when showing clients.
Digital signage processorCreate engaging digital signage with multiple content layers, overlays and motion-based transitions. The VP-42H can automatically switch between scenes, based on a preset interval, for exciting, eye-catching displays. And you can make it all happen from just about anywhere in the world, by connecting remotely and updating the VP-42H via a web browser.
Video production multi-viewerThe VP-42HD is a highly flexible multi-viewer for video production. Most multi-viewers simply provide a quad display but the VP-42H enables custom sizing for each source window, and scenes can be set up for instant access to a variety of multi-view configurations. The VP-42H can also de-embed audio being transported over HDMI, routing the audio to local speakers for improved monitoring.
- Combine up to four HDMI video sources on to a single output
- Simple set-up and remote switching with browser-based network control
- Connect and switch multiple resolutions simultaneously
- Audio management and connection to external audio devices
- Motion Scene Switching for fluid transitions between complex screen sets
- Keyer function for overlays and advanced compositions
- Processing: 4:4:4 (Y/Pb/Pr, RGB)/10 bits, 4:2:2 (Y/Pb/Pr)/10 bits
- Input Connectors: HDMI: HDMI type A x 4 (HDMI Input 1--4)* HDCP Supported
- Output Connectors: HDMI: HDMI type A x 2 (HDMI Output 1--2)* HDCP Supported
- 480/59.94i (*1), 576/50i (*1), 480/59.94p (*1), 576/50p (*1), 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p,
- 800 x 600/60 (*1), 1024 x 768/60 (*2), 1280 x 720/60 (*2), 1280 x 800/60 (*2), 1366 x 768/60 (*2), 1280 x 1024/60 (*2), 1400 x 1050/60 (*2), 1600 x 1200/60, 1920 x 1080/60, 1920 x 1200/60 RB *Conforms to CEA-861-E,VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11*Frame rate is 59.94 Hz (NTSC) or 50 Hz (PAL).(*1) Input only.(*2) Output refresh rate is 75 Hz when frame rate is set to 50 Hz.
- Effects: Layer: 4
* Picture in Picture with Keyer x 1, Picture in Picture x 3
* Motion Scene Switch
- Still Image:
- Internal Memory: 1
- Maximum Size: 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Format: Windows Bitmap File (.bmp) 24 bit per pixel, uncompressed
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz, 24 bits
- Input Connectors:
- HDMI: HDMI type A x 4
- Audio Input: RCA pin type
- Output Connectors:
- HDMI: HDMI type A x 2 *2 Output is the same audio.
- Audio Output: RCA pin type
- Phones: Stereo mini type
- Input Level: Audio Input: -10 dBu (Maximum: +8 dBu)
- Input Impedance: Audio Input: 15 k ohms
- Output Level:
- Audio Output: -10 dBu (Maximum : +8 dBu)
- Phones: 72 mW + 72 mW (32 ohms)
- Output Impedance:
- Audio Output: 1 k ohm
- Formats: HDMI: Linear PCM, 24 bits, 48 kHz, 2 ch
- Processing: Mixer: 4 ch (Delay: Maximum 250 ms)
- External Connectors:
- * Remote
- RS-232: DB-9 type (Male) x 1
- LAN: RJ45 x 1
- LAN: RJ45 x 1
- * USB Memory: USB A type x 1 (Use for USB Memory)
- Scene Memory: 10
- Test Pattern Generator
- Test Tone Generator
- EDID Emulator
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 2.1 A
- Power Consumption: 25 W
- Operation Temperature:
- +0 to +40 degrees Celsius
- +32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- 242 (W) x 125 (D) x 44 (H) mm
- 9-9/16 (W) x 4-15/16 (D) x 1-3/4 (H) inches
- 1.2 kg
- 2 lbs 11 oz
- Owner’s Manual