Roland VR-50HD MK II USB Streaming A/V Mixer
Mark II, Inspired by YouLoaded with new productivity features inspired directly from user feedback, the VR-50HD MK II Multi-Format AV Mixer is the next evolution of Roland’s industry-leading, all-in-one AV switcher with USB 3.0 streaming. Easily operated by a single person, the VR-50HD MK II continues to deliver best-in-class connectivity and flexibility, allowing you to work a wide range of events with different I/O requirements.
All-in-one convenience and ultra-flexible connectivity.The powerful VR-50HD MK II is a completely self-contained AV solution, consolidating video switching, digital audio mixing, multi-viewer touchscreen control, and USB AV streaming into a single unit that’s simple to run. And with the comprehensive rear patch panel, it’s quick and easy to make on-the-fly input assignments to cross-points on the switcher.
Separate feeds for separate needs.Live streams, HD recording, and the presenter confidence monitor often have separate visual needs from the main program output. The VR-50HD MK II has you covered, allowing you to send any of the connected input devices to a dedicated Aux output without affecting the main PGM destination. Use the Aux assignment panel buttons to switch the source, or synchronize the Aux output with the PGM (mixer) output to act as a built-in distribution amp.
Redesigned interface for free-flowing operation.The VR-50HD MK II not only does more, it’s also easier to operate via a redesigned user interface. Drilling down into menus while switching is a thing of the past, thanks to dedicated broadcast-style buttons for Aux, PinP, and Still sources. Select, Solo, and Mute buttons are included for all audio channels, speeding up the monitoring process. And with the large touchscreen multi-view monitor, you can view and assign inputs, display up to four still images, execute preview/program functions, and much more.
Pro sound made easy.Great sound is always expected for events and live streams, but employing a dedicated audio engineer doesn’t always fit the budget. The VR-50HD MK II eliminates this problem, offering a number of automation functions that allow a single operator to switch video and mix pro-level audio at the same time. Use Auto Mixing to balance audio levels, Video Follows Audio to switch cameras based on sound input, and Anti-Feedback to automatically tame howling mic feedback. The VR-50HD MK II is also equipped with a variety of standard audio production inputs, including four XLR/TRS combo jacks with 48 V phantom power, four stereo pairs (two ¼-inch and two RCA), and embedded audio from 3G/HD/SD-SDI and HDMI.
Integrated PTZ camera control.Robotic pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras eliminate the need for multiple camera operators, provide great production coverage with studio-grade broadcast quality, and can be placed in discreet locations thanks to their small size. The VR-50HD MK II includes built-in support to directly control select JVC and Panasonic PTZ LAN cameras, so you don’t need to employ a dedicated PTZ camera controller or operator. Up to six PTZ cameras can be operated at once via the LAN port.
Intelligence built in.The VR-50HD MK II is equipped with a number of intelligent audio mixing and video switching functions to enhance your workflow. See the VR-50HD MK II’s intelligent functions in action.
Four-layer composition and still store.Place keyed video on picture-in-picture, or superimpose a still image* on top of all layers and switch these effects on/off at any time.
Easy, uncompressed streaming output with USB 3.0.The VR-50HD MK II uses the same connection technology as webcams, allowing you to capture and share events to reach a worldwide audience. Simply plug into a computer via USB 3.0 and use any streaming service that’s able to use a webcam as its source. Everything is plug-and-play, with no software to download or drivers to install. For recording to a web-ready full HD AV file, use Roland’s free VR Capture software for Mac and Windows.
- Aux output for dedicated record, streaming, or confidence monitor feeds
- Updated user interface for fast, trouble-free operation
- New high-quality audio preamps and converters for crystal-clear sound
- Direct control of select PTZ cameras from JVC and Panasonic over LAN
- Automatic audio mixing and video switching functions to support single operators
- Video Processing:
- 4:4:4 (RGB), 10-bit
- 4:4:4 (Y/Pb/Pr), 10-bit
- Input Connectors:
- SDI In 1--4 connectors: BNC type x 4 (Input 1--4)
- HDMI In 1--4 connectors: HDMI type A x 4 (Input 1--4)
- RGB/Comonent In 1--2 connectors: HD DB-15 type x 2 (Input 1--2
- Composite In 1--2 connectors: BNC type x 2 (Input 1--2)
Conforms to SMPTE 424M (SMPTE 425M-AB), 292M, 259M-C.
* HDCP Supported
* Input 1--2: Select SDI, HDMI, RGB/Component or Composite using menu.
- Output Connectors:
- HSDI Out (PGM, AUX) connectors: BNC type x 2 (PGM Out, AUX Out)
- HDMI Out (PGM, AUX, Multi-View) connectors: Type A x 3 (PGM Out, AUX Out, Multi-View Out)
- Analog RGB/HD-Component: Mini D-sub 15-pin type x 2 (PGM Out, AUX Out)
* Conforms to SMPTE 424M (SMPTE 425M-AB), 292M, 259M-C
* HDCP Supported
- Input/Output Level and Impedance:
- Composite (Composite In): 1.0 Vp-p 75 ohms
- Analog RGB (RGB/Component In, RGM/Component Out): 0.7 Vp-p 75 ohms (H, V: 5 VTTL)
- Analog HD (RGB/Component In, RGB/Component Out): 1.0 Vp-p 75 ohms (Sync-Signal: Bi-Level/Tri-Level)
- Supported Video Formats:
- SDI (SDI In, SDI Out): 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
- HDMI (HDMI In, HDMI Out) (*1): 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p 1024 x 768/60 Hz (*2), 1280 x 720/60 Hz (*2), 1280 x 800/60 Hz (*2), 1280 x 1024/60 Hz (*2), 1400 x 1050/60 Hz, 1920 x 1080/60 Hz
- HDMI (HDMI Out Multi-View only) (*1): 1080/59.94p
- Component (RGB/Component In, RGB Component Out): 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
- RGB (RGB/Component In, RGB/Component Out) (*1): 1024 x 768/60 Hz (*2), 1280 x 720/60 Hz (*2), 1280 x 800/60 Hz (*2), 1280 x 1024/60 Hz (*2), 1400 x 1050/60 Hz, 1920 x 1080/60 Hz
- Composite (Composite In): NTSC, PAL
- When a Video format is selected, component signal is output from the RGB/Component connector.
- When a RGB format is selected, RGB signal is output from the RGB/Component connector.
- USB-Video (USB Streaming): 480/29.97p, 576/25p, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/29.97p, 720/25p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/29.97p, 1080/25p, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
- Still Image: Windows(R) Bitmap File (.bmp)
* Conforms to SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.601-5.
*1 Conforms to CEA-861-E or VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
*2 Output refresh rate is 75 Hz when frame rate is set to 50 Hz.
* The video signal frame rate must match the unit's frame rate setting.
* The output format of HDMI and RGB/Component is always the same.
* Maximum 1920 x 1080 pixels, 24-bit per pixel, uncompressed.
* It can be loaded up to 4 files from USB memory.
- Transition: Mix, Cut, Wipe (9 patterns)
- Composition: PinP, Chromi