Samson Rubicon R8AThe Samson Rubicon Active Ribbon Studio Monitors feature 2-inch Velocity Ribbon high frequency transducers that compliment a 2-way active system capable of reproducing playback in its most natural form. Ribbon drivers have no resonant color and even dispersion, unlike a traditional diaphragm tweeter. The ribbon driver itself has no added sound characteristics. They are completely neutral. Ribbon technology gives you clean accurate and precise listening, which is why these monitors sound so natural and lifelike, just like a studio monitor should.
The Rubicon R8a features a bi-amped power section offering 75 Watts to a newly designed 8-inch inverted cone low-frequency driver and 25 Watts to the high frequency ribbon. The two-way system is housed in a shelf-ported wood enclosure with RCA, balanced 1/4-inch and XLR input connections. There is also a 4-segment high frequency lift control that allows the listener to dial in the ribbon tweeter to their preferred level.
- 2-way Active Ribbon Studio Reference Monitor
- 2-inch Velocity Ribbon high frequency transducer
- 5-inch low frequency driver with Butyl Surround
- Bi-Amp design / 50 watts low frequency / 25 watts high frequency
- 4-position high frequency level control
- Tuned Shelf-Ported painted wood enclosure