SE Electronics SE4 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The SE Electronics SE4 is a cardioid "pencil" style microphone designed to capture instruments and vocals in sound reinforcement and recording applications. The condenser capsule features Class A FET electronics that deliver transparent audio signal with a low noise floor. The microphone's cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and unwanted audio signal at the off-axis sections of the microphone. Optional omnidirectional and hypercardioid capsules are available. A -20dB pad switch provides added headroom when capturing excessively loud signals that create noise and distortion. The SE3 is more than suitable for capturing toms, snare, overheads, cymbals, percussion, choir, brass sections, stereo M-S style ambiance recording, and more.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern - The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and audio at the off-axis (sides) of the capsule.
- Optional Interchangeable Capsules - The SE4 ships with a cardioid capsule but optional hypercardioid and omnidirectional capsules are available.
- Class A FET Electronics - The Class A FET output stage delivers pristine, transparent audio signal with minimal noise.
- Low Frequency Roll-Off - Low-frequency roll-off minimizes noise and proximity effect.
- 20dB Pad Switch - The 20dB Pad switch provides the necessary headroom needed to capture loud signals without distortion.
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Not specified by manufacturer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 14dB(A weighted)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 135dB for 0.5% THD@1000Hz
- Power Requirements: Phantom power 48V +/-4V
- Output Impedance: -/< 200 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-pin
- Pad: 10dB pad
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: No
- Dimensions: XLR Connector: 27 x 177mm (diameter x length)
- Weight: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Packaging Info:
- Package Weight: 5 lbs.
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 14.7 x 6 x 5"