Shure SM53 Dynamic Cardioid Microphone
The Models SM53 is a rugged dynamic cardioid microphone expressly designed for professional applications requiring the ultimate in sound quality and control. SM53 is designed for both stand and hand-held use. No special precautions are required to avoid obstruction of the rear entries, since normal operation is assured even with only one of the small rear entry holes open.
- Broad, smooth frequency response: provides clean, natural reproduction of both voice and music.
- Cardioid directional pattern: the optimum pattern for comfortably wide front working area with excellent side and rear rejection.
- Uniform, symmetrical polar pattern: off-axis rejection is uniform with frequency and completely symmetrical about the axis to prevent sound coloration due to off-axis pickup and to provide maximum control of unwanted sound.
- Integral acoustic “pop” filter on the SM54 virtually eliminates problems of explosive speech and breath sounds.
- Minimal proximity effect: permits the same well balanced sound from close talking to distant pickup.
- Mechanical noise isolation: cartridge shockmounted to minimize stand and handling noise.
- Bass rolloff switch: provides a gradual low frequency rolloff in applications where an overall rising response characteristic is advantageous.
- Extremely low hum sensitivity: permits use in extreme hum fields.
- Rugged construction: assures dependable operation with unchanging performance.
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 70 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (Unidirectional) Response-Uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Impedance: Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (175 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms
- Output Level (at 1000 Hz)
- Open circuit voltage: -81.0 dB (0.09 mV)(0 dB = 1 volt per microbar)
- Power level: -60.0dB (0 dB = 1 milliwatt per 10 microbars)
- Hum Pickup (typical): 13 dB equivalent SPL per millioersted
- Cable: 6.1m (20 foot) two-conductor shielded broadcast type equipped on microphone end with professional three-pin female audio connector
- Connector: Professional three-pin male audio connector
- Swivel Adapter: Snap-in, positive-action, adjustable from 0° to 90°, with standard 5/8”-27 thread
- Case: Aluminum and stainless steel
- Case Finish: Matte metallic
- Dimensions: 182 mm (7-5/32 in.)in length and 38 mm (1½ in.) in diameter
- Net Weight (less cable): 240 grams (8½ ounces)
- Shipping Weight: 1.36 kg (3 pounds)