Shure UA840UA 840-UA Antenna Distribution
The Shure Model UA840 is an amplified, UHF Antenna Distribution System designed to expand a wireless microphone system by splitting one pair of antennas to multiple receivers. It also amplifies RF signals to compensate for insertion loss due to splitting signal power to multiple output ports. Each UA840 allows up to four receivers to use the same antennas. A CASCADE port allows connections to a fifth receiver or a second UA840.
Expandability - The UA840 UHF Antenna Distribution System is designed for large UHF wireless systems. Each unit allows up to four wireless receivers to use the same two antennas, and the cascade ports allow connection for up to five (5) more UA840’s, for a total of up to 20 UHF wireless receivers.
Compatibility - The UA840 is compatible with all wireless microphone receivers operating within a compatible frequency range (see UHF Carrier Frequency Ranges in the Specifications section).
CASCADE Ports - Two 50 Ω, BNC-type antenna CASCADE ports allow additional UA840 unit or a fifth wireless receiver. A large wireless system can use a single pair of antennas.
Power OUTPUT Port - Up to five (5) receivers can be daisy-chained via the Power OUTPUT ports to a single power source.
Low Noise and Intermodulation Distortion. The UA840 maintains clean signals with minimal distortion.
Insertion Loss Compensation - Whenever a signal is split to multiple output ports, there is a loss in signal strength. The UA840 amplifies signals to compensate, ensuring a strong signal to the receivers.
Front-Mounted Antennas - The UA840 comes with hardware to front-mount the antennas, if desire
- UHF Carrier Frequency Range:
- UA840A: 782–810 MHz
- UA840B: 854–862 MHz
- UA840C: 800–830 MHz
- UA840D: 774–782 MHz
- Distributed Output Level (Gain):
- 3 dB ± 1.5 dB from antenna input (Output ports 1–4)
- 0.5 dB ± 1.5 dB from antenna input (Cascade port)
- Input/Output Port VSWR: Less than 1.6:1
- Output Port Isolation: Greater than 25 dB
- Third Order Intercept Point (3 OIP): Greater than 25 dBm
- Input/Output AC Line Voltage: 85 to 120 VAC or 230 VAC.
- Impedance: 50 Ω
- Operating Temperature Range: –15 to +50° C
- Overall Dimensions: 44.5 mm high x 482.6 mm wide x 295.3 mm deep (1 3/4 x 19 x 11 5/8 inches)
- Net Weight: 3.32 Kg (7 lbs, 5 oz)
- Input/Output Connector Type: BNC-type