SONY MDR-V500-DJ Professional DJ/Remix Headphones
Sony's economical alternative to their MDR-V700-DJ headphones. Smaller drivers and not as much output power, but still loaded with great features.
- Swivel earcups for DJ and remix applications enable single-sided monitoring. DJs can listen to house sound with one ear while they cue up the next track with the other. Convenient for on-shoulder use.
- Reversible earcups for even greater monitoring flexibility
- Folding design makes for easy storage and easy portability in a briefcase or equipment bag
- 40 mm diameter drive units are much larger than most headphones for deeper bass, lower distortion and wider dynamic range; bass response extends down to a profound 10 Hz
- 1000 mW power handling for professional applications; stands up to day-in, day-out use at very high output levels
- Ferrite magnets for high energy and compact size; help produce ample sound output -- 105 dB/mW sensitivity
- Oxygen-free copper cord for maximum conductivity, minimum noise; conducts electricity better than conventional copper
- Supra-aural design rests lightly on the ear; creates a controlled environment for better sound; driver is positioned the correct distance from the ear canal
- Wide, molded headband distributes the headphones' weight over a wide area; reduced pressure means comfortable listening for hours on end
- Gold-plated plugs resist corrosion for high conductivity, low noise
- Sony UniMatch plug system with fixed stereo miniplug for use with portable equipment; detachable phone plug for use with studio and home audio equipment
- Frequency Response 10 -- 25,000 Hz