Tannoy CVS4Micro 4-Inch Coaxial Loudspeaker Pair
4" Coaxial In-Ceiling Loudspeaker with Shallow Back Can for Installation Applications.
CVS 4 Micro
The CVS 4 Micro is a compact 160-Watt shallow back can ceiling loudspeaker engineered to provide superb audio performance in both background and foreground music sound systems. Ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and hotels to houses of worship and businesses of all types, the CVS 4 Micro offers the power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion more typically found in a studio reference monitor than a ceiling loudspeaker. The resulting sound is warm, with a nuanced and pristine clarity that envelopes the listener – without intruding.
Exceptional Sound and Reliability
The design comprises a 100 mm (4.00") mid bass driver with a coaxially mounted 19 mm (0.75") high frequency section mounted in a vented, injection moulded, paintable front baffle manufactured from UV/weather resistant UL94V-0 ABS material. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround enhance durability and long-term reliability. Thanks to the shallow back can depth of less than 4" (98.3 mm), CVS 4 Micro is perfect for applications where above-ceiling space is limited, but exceptional sonic quality and reliability are a requirement.
Comprehensive Installation Package
Supplied with an integral zinc-plated steel shallow back can, with recessed termination box, the CVS 4 Micro satisfies the vast majority of installation application requirements. The removable locking connector has screw terminals for secure wire termination and “loop through” facility. Strain relief is provided by a clamping mechanism for use with plenum rated cable or conduit. Security toggle clamps make for quick and easy installation, while two tile support rails and one C-ring are also included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory.
- Coaxial full range low profile ceiling loudspeaker for installation applications.
- 40 Watts continuous, 160 Watts peak power.
- Shallow back can for limited cavity space.
- 4" mineral loaded polypropylene driver with nitrile rubber surround for enhanced durability and long-term reliability.
- 0.75" ferrofluid cooled soft dome neodymium high frequency driver.
- Wide constant directivity dispersion for optimum coverage.
- UL 1480 certified for fire-protected signalling systems.
- UL 2043 certified for air-handling spaces.
- UV and weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS front with plated steel fire can enclosure.
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input.
- Low insertion loss 15 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch.
- Semi matt white finish fits unobtrusively in any environment.
- Powder coated perforated steel mesh grille with dust protection.
- Mounting C-ring and ceiling tile rails included.
- Phoenix* connector with steel cover and strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable.
- 10-Year Warranty Program*.
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Frequency response (-3 dB)1: 110Hz - 19kHz
- Frequency response (-10 dB)1: 90Hz - 22kHz
- System Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)2:
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 90 degrees conical
- Coverage Angle (1 kHz to 6 kHz): 102 degrees
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5.6 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 7.1 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL: 103 dB (average) 109 dB (peak)
- Power Handling 3:
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 80 W @ 6 Ohms
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Transformer Taps (via front rotary switch)
- Low Frequency: 100 mm (4.00") mineral loaded cone material
- High Frequency: 19 mm (0.75")
- Safety Features: Safety ring located at rear of enclosure for load bearing safety bond
- Clamping Design: Security toggle clamp
Back Can Options
- Cable Entry Options: Cable clamp & squeeze connector for conduit up to 22 mm
- Connectors: Removable locking connector with screw terminals with “loop through” facility
- Safety Agency Ratings: UL-1480, UL-2043, CE
- Hole Cutout Diameter: 180 mm (7.08")
- Dimensions Bezel diameter: 213.0 mm (8.39")
- Front of ceiling to rear of back can: 98.3mm (3.87”)
- Front of ceiling to top of safety loop: 214.9 mm (8.46")
- Net Weight (ea): 2.8 kg (6.2 lbs)
- Included Accessories: C Ring, tile bridge, paint mask, cutout template, grille
- Optional Accessories: Plaster (mud) ring