Tannoy CVS6 6-Inch Coaxial in Ceiling Loudspeaker
6" Coaxial In-Ceiling Loudspeaker for Installation Applications.
CVS 6 - The CVS 6 is a compact 240-Watt ceiling loudspeaker engineered to provide superb audio performance in both background and foreground music sound systems. Ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and hotels to houses of worship and businesses of all types, the CVS 6 offers the power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion more typically found in a studio reference monitor than a ceiling loudspeaker. The resulting sound is warm, with a nuanced and pristine clarity that envelopes the listener – without intruding.
Exceptional Sound and Reliability - he design comprises a 150 mm (6.00") mid bass driver with a coaxial 19 mm (0.75") high frequency section mounted in a vented, injection moulded, paintable front baffle manufactured from UV/weather resistant UL94V-0 ABS material. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround enhance durability and long-term reliability. This compact unit is specifically designed for applications requiring the combination of excellent sonic quality for music and speech reinforcement and exceptional reliability.
Comprehensive Installation Package - Supplied with an integral zinc-plated steel back can, with recessed termination box, the CVS 6 satisfies the vast majority of installation application requirements. The removable locking connector has screw terminals for secure wire termination and “loop through” facility. Strain relief is provided by a clamping mechanism for use with plenum rated cable or conduit. Security toggle clamps make for quick and easy installation, while two tile support rails and one C-ring are also included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory.
- Coaxial full range ceiling loudspeaker for installation applications.
- 60 Watts continuous, 240 Watts peak power.
- 6? mineral loaded polypropylene driver with nitrile rubber surround for enhanced durability and long-term reliability.
- 0.75" ferrofluid cooled soft dome neodymium high frequency driver.
- Wide constant directivity dispersion for optimum coverage.
- UL 1480 certified for fire-protected signalling systems .
- UL 2043 certified for air-handling spaces.
- UV and weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS front with plated steel fire can enclosure.
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input.
- Low insertion loss 60 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch.
- Semi matt white finish fits unobtrusively in any environment.
- Powder coated perforated steel mesh grille with dust protection.
- Mounting C-ring and ceiling tile rails included.
- Phoenix* connector with steel cover and strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable.
- 10-Year Warranty Program*.
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Frequency Response (-3 dB) (1): 79 Hz - 21 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) (1): 60 Hz - 24 kHz
- System Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m) (2): 91 dB (1 W = 2.45 V for 6 Ohms)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 90 degrees conical
- Coverage Angle (1 kHz to 6 kHz): 93 degrees conical
- Directivity Factor (Q): 7.7 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 8 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL (2):
- Average: 109 dB
- Peak: 115 dB
- Power Handling (3):
- Average: 60 W
- Programme: 120 W
- Peak: 240 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 120 W @ 6 Ohms
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Transformer Taps (via front rotary switch):
- 70 V: 60 W / 30 W / 15 W / 7.5 W / OFF & low impedance operation
- 100 V: 60 W / 30 W / 15 W / OFF & low impedance operation
- Crossover: 2.5 kHz
- 10% Full Power:
- 2nd Harmonic 250 Hz: 0.439%, 1 kHz: 0.396%, 10 kHz: 0.235%
- 3rd Harmonic 250 Hz: 0.140%, 1 kHz: 0.458%, 10 kHz: 0.023%
- 1% Full Power:
- 2nd Harmonic 250 Hz: 1.16%, 1 kHz: 1.014%, 10 kHz: 0.944%
- 3rd Harmonic 250 Hz: 0.214%, 1 kHz: 0.685%, 10 kHz: 0.047%
- Low Frequency: 150 mm (6.00") mineral loaded cone
- High Frequency: 19 mm (0.75") coaxially mounted
- Back Can: Zinc plated steel
- Baffle: Reflex loaded UL 94 V-0 rated ABS
- Grille: Steel, with weather resistant coating
- Safety Features: Safety ring located at rear of enclosure for load bearing safety bond
- Clamping Design:
- Security toggle clamp
- Min / Max Clamping Range: 0.0mm (0.0") / 20.0mm (0.79")
- Recommended Clamp Torque: 1.5Nm
- Cable Entry Options: Cable clamp & squeeze connector for conduit up to 22 mm
- Connectors: Removable locking connector with screw terminals with "loop through" facility
- Safety Agency Ratings: UL-1480, UL-2043, CE
- Hole Cutout Diameter: 250 mm (9.84")
- Bezel diameter: 279.5 mm (11.01")
- Front of ceiling to rear of back can: 246.5 mm (9.70")
- Front of ceiling to top of safety loop: 258.5 mm (10.18")
- Net Weight (ea): 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs)
- Included Accessories:
- C Ring
- Tile bridge
- Paint mask
- Cutout template
- Optional Accessories: Plaster (mud) ring
- Packed Quantity: 2
- Finish: White