Tannoy CVS6EN54V2 6-Inch Coaxial Loudspeaker EN54
6" Coaxial In-Ceiling Loudspeaker for Installation Applications (EN 54-24 Certified)
CVS 6 (EN 54)
The CVS 6 (EN 54) is an in-ceiling 240-Watt full range loudspeaker engineered to provide superb audio performance in both background and foreground music sound systems. Ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and hotels to houses of worship and businesses of all types, the CVS 6 (EN 54) offers the power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion more typically found in a studio reference monitor than a ceiling loudspeaker. The resulting sound is warm, with a nuanced and pristine clarity that envelopes the listener – without intruding. EN 54-24 certification for fire detection and fire alarm systems makes the CVS 6 (EN 54) the perfect choice where safety is a top priority.
Exceptional Sound and Reliability
The design comprises a 152 mm (6.00") mid bass driver with a coaxially mounted 19 mm (0.75") high frequency section mounted in an injection moulded semi matt white front baffle made of UV/weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS material that fits unobtrusively into any environment. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround enhance durability and longterm reliability. The CVS 6 (EN 54) is perfect for applications where exceptional sonic quality and reliability are a requirement.
Comprehensive Installation Package
Supplied with an integral plated steel enclosure, Phoenix connector with steel cover, and an EN 54 compliant strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable, the CVS 6 (EN 54) satisfies the vast majority of installation application requirements. Input is via a low insertion loss 60 W line transformer with multiple taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input. Installation is quick and easy with two tile support rails and one C-ring included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory
- Coaxial full range ceiling loudspeaker for installation applications.
- 60 Watts continuous, 240 Watts peak power.
- 6" mineral loaded polypropylene driver with nitrile rubber surround for enhanced durability and long-term reliability.
- 0.75" ferrofluid cooled soft dome neodymium high frequency driver.
- Wide constant directivity dispersion for optimum coverage.
- EN 54-24 certified for fire detection and fire alarm systems.
- UV and weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS front with plated steel fire can enclosure.
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input.
- Low insertion loss 60 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch.
- Semi matte white finish fits unobtrusively in any environment.
- Powder coated perforated steel mesh grille with dust protection.
- Mounting C-ring and ceiling tile rails included.
- Phoenix* connector with steel cover and EN 54 compliant strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable.
- 10-Year Warranty Program*.
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Frequency response (-10 dB): 60 Hz – 24 kHz
- Rated sensitivity (1 W, Lo Z): 91 dB
- Sensitivity as per EN54-24 (4 m, through transformer): 77.1 dB
- Directivity factor (Q): 7.7 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Directivity index (DI): 8.0 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Power handling:
- Average: 60W
- Programme: 120 W
- Peak: 240 W
- Recommended amplifier power: 120 W @ 6 Ω
- Nominal Impedance (Lo Z): 6 Ω
- Maximum SPL as per EN54 -24 (4 m, through transducer): 95 dB
- Rated maximum SPL (1 m, Lo Z):
- Average: 109 dB
- Peak: 115 dB
- Transformer taps (Rated noised power and impedance):
- 70 V: 60 W (83 Ω) / 30 W (165 Ω) / 15 W (270Ω) / 7.5 W (528 Ω) / OFF & low impedance operation
- 100 V: 60 W (165 Ω) / 30 W (270 Ω) / 15 W (528 Ω) / OFF & low impedance operation
- Crossover point: 2.5 kHz
- 500 Hz: 175° horizontal, 178° vertical
- 1 kHz: 175° horizontal, 175° vertica
- 2 kHz: 140° horizontal, 155° vertical
- 4 kHz: 70° horizontal, 88° vertical
- Low Frequency: 150 mm (6") mineral loaded cone material
- High frequency: 19 mm (0.75") coaxially mounted
- Enclosure: Blind mount (BM)
- Back can: Painted steel
- Baffle: Refl ex loaded UL 94V-0 rated ABS
- Grille: Steel, with weather resistant coating
- Safety features: Rear enclosure safety ring for load-bearing bond
- Clamping design: Security toggle clamp
- Connectors: Euroblock-style connector with screw terminals (with input cover and cable gland supplied)
- Bezel diameter: 280 mm (11.0")
- Front of ceiling to rear of back can: 236 mm (9.30")
- Front of ceiling to top of cable clamp: 262 mm (10.35")
- Hole cutout diameter: 250 mm (9.8")
- Net weight: 5.8 kg (12.8 lbs)
- Included accessories: C-ring, tile-bridge kit, paint mask, cutout template
- Optional accessories: Plaster (mud) ring
- Packed quantity: 2