Tannoy CVS8BK 8-Inch Coaxial in Ceiling Loudspeaker
8" Coaxial In-Ceiling Loudspeaker for Installation Applications.
CVS 1.0 Series CVS 801-BK
The CVS 801-BK is a coaxial ceiling loudspeaker engineered to provide superb audio performance in both background and foreground music sound systems. Ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and hotels to houses of worship and businesses of all types, the CVS 801-BK offers the power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion typically found in more expensive products. EN 54-24 certification for fire detection and fire alarm systems makes the CVS 801-BK the perfect choice where safety is a top priority. The loudspeaker is also UL 1480 certified for fire-protected signalling systems and UL 2043 certified for air-handling spaces.
Exceptional Sound and Reliability
The design comprises a 200 mm (8.00") polypropylene full-range driver and 1.0" ferrofluid cooled soft dome high frequency driver mounted in a UV and weather resistant UL 94-V0 and 94-5VB ABS front with a plated steel fire can enclosure. Dust protection is provided in the form of an attractive powder coated aluminium mesh grille. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and butyl rubber surround enhance durability and long-term reliability. CVS 801-BK is specifically designed for applications requiring the combination of excellent music and speech sound quality and exceptional reliability.
Comprehensive Installation Package
Supplied with an integral zinc-plated steel back can with recessed termination box, the CVS 801-BK satisfies the vast majority of installation application requirements and features a semi matt black finish that fits unobtrusively into any environment. The removable locking connector has screw terminals for secure wire termination and “loop through” facility. A steel cover and strain relief clamping mechanism are provided for use with fire rated cabling. Security toggle clamps make for quick and easy installation, while two tile support rails and one C-ring are also included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory. Rounding out these impressive features is custom-designed low insertion loss 60 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch, which ensures pristine performance and optimal versatility.
- Coaxial full range ceiling loudspeaker for installation applications.
- 90 Watts continuous, 360 Watts peak power.
- 8" polypropylene driver with butyl rubber surround for enhanced durability and long-term reliability.
- 1" ferrofluid cooled soft dome high frequency driver.
- Wide constant directivity dispersion for optimum coverage.
- EN54-24:2008 certified Type A.
- UL 1480 certified for fire-protected signalling systems.
- UL 2043 certified for air-handling spaces.
- UV and weather resistant UL 94-V0 and 94-5VB ABS front with plated steel fire can enclosure.
- Powder coated aluminium mesh grille with dust protection.
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 8 Ohm direct input.
- Low insertion loss 60 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch.
- Semi matt black finish fits unobtrusively in any environment.
- Mounting C-ring and ceiling tile rails included.
- Steel cover and strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable.
- 10-Year Warranty Program*.
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Frequency response (-3 dB)1: 79 Hz - 21 kHz
- Frequency response (-10 dB)1: 60 Hz - 24 kHz
- System Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)2: 93 dB (1 W = 2.45 V for 6 Ohms)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 90 degrees conical
- Coverage Angle (1 kHz to 6 kHz): 84 degrees conical
- Directivity Factor (Q): 14.7 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 11.7 averaged 1 kHz to 6 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL: 111 dB (average) 117 dB (peak)
- Power Handling3:
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 120 W @ 6 Ohms
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Transformer Taps (via front rotary switch):
- Low Frequency: Coaxial 200 mm (8.00") mineral loaded cone material
- High Frequency: 19 mm (0.75")
- Safety Features: Safety ring located at rear of enclosure for load bearing safety bond
- Clamping Design: Security toggle clamp
Back Can Options
- Cable Entry Options: Cable clamp & squeeze connector for conduit up to 22 mm
- Connectors: Removable locking connector with screw terminals with “loop through” facility
- Safety Agency Ratings: UL-1480, UL-2043, CE
- Hole Cutout Diameter: 320 mm (12.60")
- Dimensions Bezel diameter: 355.6 mm (14.00")
- Front of ceiling to rear of back can: 251.0 mm (9.88")
- Front of ceiling to top of safety loop: 264.0 mm (10.39")
- Net Weight (ea): 6.6 kg (14.6 lbs)
- Included Accessories: C Ring, tile bridge, paint mask, cutout template, grille
- Optional Accessories: Plaster (mud) ring