TC Electronic M3000 Reverb Effects Processor
The VSS3-reverb technology inherent in the M3000 is an industry standard. The M3000 has some of the best sounding, most versatile and easy-to-use professional reverbs for music and film/post applications. Combining ultimate control of directivity in the early reflections with a transparent and harmonically magnificent diffused field, the art of reverberation is brought to a new and higher level.
The M3000 enables you to add the softest and cleanest ambience to your work that you have ever heard. Furthermore the processor boasts a wide range of tools and presets to give you the exact vintage or post production reverb you are looking for.
With Dual-engine structure enabling two simultaneous reverbs or effects, award winning intuitive user-interface, 600 factory presets and multiple I/O formats, the M3000 is one of the best reverb choices for high-end music- and film/post-production.Reverbs for Music
M3000 contains the VSS-3 and VSS-3 Gate reverb algorithms, which are specifically designed for music production applications.
Since the mid-eighties a lot of effort in the high-end effects companies have gone into reverb technology. However, these technologies have all been built upon variations over the same theme, and thus only marginal improvements were created. Some of the main complaints relating to existing reverbs, are that they have unrealistic imaging, sound too metallic and have a tendency to impose unwanted modulation on the signal. With VSS™3 these drawbacks all belong to the past.
The main sonic advantages of VSS™3 are:
- Ultimate realism: Combining a perfectly smooth diffuse field with detailed Early Reflections, VSS™3 is the ultimate reverb technology in the search of sonic realism.
- Accurate early reflections: By employing a large number of directional taps - between 40 and 100 - VSS™3 is capable of simulating the Sonics of actual rooms with an unprecedented precision.
- Smooth diffuse fields: VSS™3 gives you the highest degree of smoothness and clarity to the late reflections - diffused field.
- Pitch-accurate: The gentle signal processing of VSS™3 keeps the signal in 100% correct pitch, even when engaging extensive effects processing.
- Modulation free: VSS™3 is the first reverb technology that has the ability to keep the signal 100% free of sound deteriorating modulation, yet still provides additional modulation as an option that can be added.
All this gives you the ability to experience a completely new approach to reverb while still preserving the virtues of the old style effects.Wizard
- The Wizard function is a fast and intuitive way to get the sound needed for your work.
- Simply select the Application, Source and Size you are looking for and the M3000 suggests a number of presets matching your request.
- The preset Wizard is split into a Music and Film&Post part. Like a search engine on the web, the Wizard makes it much easier to find your way around in the 600 factory presets.
The Recall page is the "homepage" of the M3000 giving you access to a total of 600 factory presets in Single or Combined Engine mode. The presets are located by turning the Adjust wheel and engaged by hitting OK. After editing one of the 600 factory presets your result can easily be stored as a personal custom preset. The M3000 holds up to 300 user-defined presets: 250 in Single Engine mode and 50 in Combined Engine mode. On an optional PCMCIA card additional 300 user presets can be stored. Being about the same size as a credit card, it is easily fitted into a pocket, allowing you to take your creative work with you and putting it to work on other M3000 processors.Edit
Editing presets and changing any parameter to create the exact ambience or effect you want, is extremely easy with the M3000. VSS™3, VSS-FP and VSS™3 Gate Reverbs can be edited in either Easy Mode or Expert Mode. In Easy Mode the Hi Color and Lo Color tools let's you edit the complex spectral balance of the reverb in a second. In Expert mode you have access to a wide number of well-arranged parameters for full control of your reverb response.Routing
The powerful Dual Engine structure of the M3000 allows any combination of full-blown algorithms to be run on each engine simultaneously. You can choose from 6 different Routing setups including Serial, Parallel and Dual Input mode, enabling large flexibility in the configuration of the two engines.TAP TEMPO
- The Tap Tempo function is ideal for matching the Delay time to the actual rhythm of a tune.
- Simply hit the Tap key to the rhythm and the M3000 will come up with a delay time matching the beat.
- The Tap Tempo function can also set the parameter for Reverb, Decay, Chorus Speed, Flanger Speed, Phaser Speed or Tremolo Speed.
- The Tap tempo is both measured in BPM and milliseconds, and subdivisions can be made.
- When activated, Dynamic Morphing will morph from the presets on one Engine to the preset on the other depending on a predefined input threshold level. Simply select two presets, the morphing Threshold level and the transition Speed and check out the result.
- Dynamic Morphing is a fantastic tool in use with a vocal track that rises in level and intensity, e.g. choose a discrete Room ambience for the verse and a big bright Hall for the chorus. The effect is amazing and it runs automatically.
- With the VSS-FP and VSS-SR algorithms for film- and post-production, our main focus has been realistic sounding rooms, no matter how harsh, hard and grinded they may be. Working with standard reverb units in post-production, it has often been a tiresome and unsatisfying task to match the sound of the room to the picture. With the VSS-FP and VSS-SR algorithms that task is now a breeze.
- Developing VSS-FP and VSS-SR involved tests, presets and analysis. Measurements have been made in three-dimensional models of selected rooms, in order to obtain knowledge of the reflections in various differently furnished rooms, and precise emulations have been created with the Early Reflection generators in the reverb.
The M3000 is a dual-engine reverb-unit, where both software algorithms and hardware performance is optimized to the highest level. This leaves you with a box that is a no compromise solution solving all your reverb requirements - and in the easiest way thinkable.Effects
In addition to all the reverb algorithms M3000 contains various processing effects and tools that can be used stand alone or in conjunction with the reverb programs. E.g. combine a de-esser or a chorus with a reverb and get a completely new sound.The following effects and processing tools are available:
M3000 holds one of the most versatile sets of application specific factory presets on the reverb-market. 250 Single Engine plus 50 Combined dedicated Music production presets, and 250 Single Engine plus 50 Combined Film&Post-production presets, gives you a total of 600 factory presets to choose from.
All of the presets are made by industry professionals and they are ready to use out of the box. Using the M3000 presets is easy: Select a preset, adjust Decay, Predelay and perhaps the Hi-color and you have the desired reverb sound.Examples from the Music preset list:
- 1 Hall Large Warm