Telefunken CAPM81 Black Universal Dynamic Capsule
The M81 is a proven choice for countless sound sources both in the studio and on the stage. It possesses the same condenser-like response, minimal proximity effect, and superior feedback rejection one expects from a TELEFUNKEN Dynamic Series microphone. A smooth frequency response, clarity, and wealth of body make the M81 an ideal tool for taming brighter vocals, guitar tones, and fattening up toms, horns, or other thinner sounding sources. Featuring intelligent design and American-assembled construction, the M81 is an excellent first choice dynamic for most situations.
- Sonic Characteristic - Building off many of the strengths of the M80, the TELEFUNKEN M81 retains the same minimal proximity effect, superior feedback rejection, and articulate mid-range. However, with the M81, the top end is pulled back a bit, yielding a flatter overall frequency response. This combination results in a microphone with a wealth of body and clarity, making it a great tool for taming brighter vocals and guitar tones and for fattening up percussion, horns and thinner sounding sources.
- Circuit Design - The TELEFUNKEN M81's tailored frequency response makes the microphone exceptional on electric guitars, percussion, rack and floor toms, and brass instruments. This microphone's wide range of uses and rugged reliability make it the workhorse for the new generation.
- Construction - Finished in the same tri-chrome head grill styling as the R-F-T AR-51, the M81 is readily identifiable when reaching for the microphone. The M81 was very much designed with the AR-51 in mind. Great care was taken to tune the M81's overall response to be complimentary to the AR-51 when recording electric guitars.
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 18 kHz, ±3 dB
- Capsule: 25mm Dynamic Moving Coil
- Transformer: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik T80
- Sensitivity: 1.54 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- Output Impedance: 325 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 135 dB
- Dimensions: 48 mm Dia