Turbosound MS215 Manchester Dual Subwoofer
Dual 15" Vented Bandpass Subwoofer for Touring and Installation Applications.
The MS215 is a compact passive dual 15" 4,000 Watt subwoofer that is ideally suited for a broad range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications in both fixed, portable and touring audio systems. The MS215 is designed to work in conjunction with Lake DSP and Lab Gruppen amplification, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements. Its four point rigging system allows for an array of multiple configurations and all pre-sets are available to download.
Turbosound is recognised the world over for designing and building some of the most iconic loudspeakers and subwoofers. They take meticulous care and pride in maintaining that reputation by utilising only drivers designed by ourselves or to their exacting standards.
The low distortion design utilised in the MS215 reinforces the bass musical instrument frequencies and steep cut-off slopes ensure an effective acoustic transition for use with MV212 line array elements. For low-frequency bass extension, the recommended cabinet ratio consists of one MS215 subwoofer per one MV212 element. For reverse cardioid subwoofer configurations, multiples of three MS215 enclosures are recommended with two front-fi ring enclosures and one rear-firing enclosure.
Construction and Connectivity
An integral suspension system engineered to meet BGV-C1 specifications is provided for suspending or ground stacking MS215 and MV212 elements with a 10:1 safety factor. Designed for speed and simplicity of use, custom-engineered flybars and wheel boards are available as separate accessories. Finished in a ultra hard wearing polyurea black coating, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (3.4") birch plywood and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Integration with Lab Gruppen PLM+
With the ever increasing complexity of modern day line array systems. Seamless integration with the Lab Gruppen PLM+ is a prerequisite for the Manchester series from Turbosound. Their engineers have prepared and meticulously designed a series of presets that will allow the user to achieve the maximum system performance and consistency possible. These can be found within the download section.
Acoustic Simulation Tools
Ease GLL files are provided for the Ease Focus Acoustics Simulation Software, which is available for free download. This allows accurate calculation of both acoustic coverage and selection of suspension pick point for tilting and aiming the array at the desired angle.
- Cardioid-arrayable, vented bandpass dual 15" subwoofer for touring and installation applications
- 1000 Watts continuous, 4,000 Watts peak power
- 15? neodymium low Frequency transducers
- Ergonomic 4-point suspension system allows rapid deployment in either orientation
- Suspend up to 12 MS215 elements at 10:1 safety factor
- Designed for suspension with MV212 and MV212-XV line array elements in mixed arrays
- Seamless integration with Lab Gruppen amplifiers and Lake DSP for a complete system solution
- Flexible cardioid configurations and electronic delay steering provide superior rear rejection and pattern control
- Optimized tuning for extended low frequency impact and accurate transient response
- Integral runners and recesses combined with suspension system accessories facilitate secure ground stacking
- Integral M20 (3/4" / 20 mm thread) pole mount socket to support satellite speaker configurations
- 18 mm (3/4") Baltic birch enclosure with extremely durable semi matte black paint finish
- Tour grade Neutrik SpeakON* STX NL4 rear panel connector for input connection
- Front-mounted NL4 connector for rear-firing cardioid operation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.