Turbosound MS218 Manchester MS218 Dual 18-Inch Subwoofer
Dual 18" Front Loaded Subwoofer for Touring and Install Applications.
The MS218 is a compact passive dual 18" 8,000 Watt subwoofer that is ideally suited for a broad range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications in both fixed, portable and touring audio systems. The MS218 is designed to work in conjunction with Lake DSP and Lab Gruppen amplification, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements.
Turbosound is recognised the world over for designing and building some of the most iconic loudspeakers and subwoofers. They take meticulous care and pride in maintaining that reputation by utilising only drivers designed by ourselves or to their exacting standards.
The low distortion design utilised in the MS218 reinforces the bass musical instrument frequencies and steep cut-off slopes ensure an effective acoustic transition for use with MV212 line array elements. For low-frequency bass extension, the recommended cabinet ratio consists of one MS218 subwoofer per one MV212 element. For reverse cardioid subwoofer configurations, multiples of three MS218 enclosures are recommended with two front-fi ring enclosures and one rear-firing enclosure.
Construction and Connectivity
Finished in a ultra hard wearing polyurea black coating, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (3.4") and 21mm (1”) birch plywood and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Integration with Lab Gruppen PLM+
With the ever increasing complexity of modern day line array systems. Seamless integration with the Lab Gruppen PLM+ is a prerequisite for the Manchester series from Turbosound. Their engineers have prepared and meticulously designed a series of presets that will allow the user to achieve the maximum system performance and consistency possible. These can be found within the download section.
Acoustic Simulation Tools
Ease GLL files are provided for the Ease Focus 3 Acoustics Simulation Software, which is available for free download. This allows accurate calculation of acoustic coverage with the new subwoofer array function.
- Cardioid-arrayable, front loaded dual 18" subwoofer for touring and installation applications
- 2,000 Watts continuous, 8,000 Watts peak power
- Integral stacking feet and recesses facilitate secure ground stacking
- Designed for ground stack use with Manchester or Liverpool line array elements
- Seamless integration with Lab Gruppen amplifiers and Lake DSP for a complete system solution
- Optimised tuning for extended low frequency impact and precise transient response
- Flexible cardioid configurations and electronic delay steering provide superior rear rejection and pattern control
- 18 mm (3/4") Baltic birch enclosure with extremely durable semi matte black paint finish
- Tour grade Neutrik SpeakON* STX NL4 rear panel connector for input connection
- Front-mounted NL4 connector for rear-firing cardioid operation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.