Turbosound MV212 Manchester MV212 Dual Speaker
Dual 12" Full Size Variable Curvature Line Array Element for Touring and Install Applications.
The Bi-amped 3-way full range MV212 is a compact dual 12" 980-Watt line array element that is ideally suited to a broad range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications in fixed installation, portable and touring audio systems. The MV212 is designed to work in conjunction with Lake DSP and Lab Gruppen amplification, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as offering considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements.
Turbosound is recognised the world over for designing and building some of the most iconic loudspeakers and subwoofers. They take meticulous care and pride in maintaining that reputation by utilising only drivers designed specifically for each application – it’s what sets Turbosound apart from the competition.
Featuring two 12" neodymium cone low frequency drivers and 2 dual concentric MF/HF compression drivers, the MV212 delivers unparalleled clarity and intelligibility in a compact enclosure that belies its impressive performance. Due to its broad 100° horizontal by 10° vertical dispersion pattern, the MV212 provides exceptional coverage in wide rooms and in distributed fill applications.
Construction and Connectivity
An integral suspension system engineered to meet BGV-C1 specifications is provided for suspending or ground stacking multiple MV212 elements per hang guided by a WLL safety factor. Designed for speed and simplicity of use, custom-engineered flybars are available as separate accessories. The companion MS215 dual 15" subwoofer is specifically designed for use with MV212, providing additional low frequency extension and impact for more demanding sound reinforcement applications. Finished in ultra hard wearing black polyurea, the cabinet is constructed from 15 mm 3/4 ") birch plywood and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Integration with Lab Gruppen PLM+
With the ever increasing complexity of modern day line array systems. Seamless integration with the Lab Gruppen PLM+ is a prerequisite for the Manchester series from Turbosound. Their engineers have prepared and meticulously designed a series of presets that will allow the user to achieve the maximum system performance and consistency possible. These can be found within the download section.
Acoustic Simulation Tools
Ease GLL files are provided for Ease Focus 3 Acoustic Simulation Software, which is available for free download. This allows accurate calculation of both acoustic coverage and suspension pick point selection for tilting and aiming the array at the desired angle.
- Full size, passive 3-way line array element for touring and installation applications
- Dual 12" low frequency transducers with lightweight neodymium motors
- 2 x 1.4" coaxial neodymium mid-high compression drivers
- Integral Dendritic Plane Wave Transformer (DPWT) waveguides for perfect line source coupling in the vertical plane
- 980 Watts continuous, 3,920 Watts peak power
- 100? horizontal x 0 - 5? variable vertical curvature
- 3 way bi-amplified operation
- Seamless integration with Lab Gruppen amplifiers and Lake DSP for a complete system solution
- Advanced linear phase FIR hybrid processing for exceptional sound quality
- 3-point suspension system with advanced ergonomic design for extremely rapid deployment and ease of use
- Suspend up to 16 MV212 elements at 10:1 safety factor
- Weather-resistant enclosure construction with durable semi matte black paint finish
- Tour grade Neutrik SpeakON* STX NL4 connectors for input and link connection
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.