Turbosound TCS152-64R Arrayable 15-Inch Weather-Rated Speaker
Arrayable 2 Way 15" Full Range Loudspeaker with Dendritic Waveguide for Installation Applications, 60° H x 40° V Dispersion (Weather Resistant)
Athens TCS152/64-RWeather resistant for outdoor use to IP54, the 2,400 Watt TCS152/64-R arrayable two-way 15" loudspeaker system is ideally suited for a wide range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications. The TCS152/64-R is designed to work in conjunction with Turbosound loudspeaker management systems, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as offering considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements.
The TCS152/64-R features a carbon fibre loaded 15" low frequency driver with inside/outside wound coil for improved transient response. The titanium dome 1.4" neodymium motor compression driver is mounted on a rotatable 60° horizontal by 40° vertical proprietary Dendritic waveguide, which features multiple hornlets with identical path lengths to provide a flat constant-phase wavefront. When the waveguide is rotated 90° from the standard position a 40° horizontal by 60° vertical dispersion is achieved, making the TCS152/64-R ideal for an even broader range of applications.
Finished in a highly durable weather resistant semi matt black paint, the trapezoidal cabinet is constructed from 15 mm (5?8") birch plywood – and includes a rugged outdoor powder coated perforated zinc plated steel mesh grille. Multiple rigging points allow bracket mount suspension in any orientation, or mounting with dedicated brackets – available separately. A dedicated range of fly plates and coupler kits are also available separately for constructing tightly packed custom full-range and subwoofer enclosure arrays for aesthetically pleasing and venue specific coverage requirements. Connectivity is provided in the form of a captive cable tail, which enters the cabinet by means of a sealed cable gland on an aluminium panel.
Architecture & Engineering SpecificationsThe loudspeaker shall be of the full range, two-way, bi-amp/passive type, consisting of one 15" (394 mm) LF driver and one 1.4" (36 mm) HF compression driver. The loudspeaker shall be weather resistant for outdoor use, to rating standard IP54. Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 41 Hz to 18 kHz and within -10 dB from 35 Hz to 20 kHz. Nominal dispersion, at -6 dB points, shall average 60° H x 40° V, rotatable. Nominal impedance shall be HF: 6 Ohms, LF: 8 Ohms; passive: 8 Ohms. Power handling shall be HF: 75 Watts continuous, 300 Watts peak, LF: 600 Watts continuous, 2,400 Watts peak; passive: 600 Watts continuous, 2,400 Watts peak. Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, shall be 97 dB, 1 Watt @ 1 metre. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, shall be HF: 134 dB, LF: 131 dB; passive: 131 dB. Dimensions: 834 mm high x 473 mm wide x 451 mm deep (32.8" x 18.6" x 17.8"). Net weight: 28.6 kg (63.1 lbs). The loudspeaker system shall be the Turbosound TCS152/64-R. No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
- Arrayable 2 way full range loudspeaker for installation applications
- Rotatable Dendritic waveguide with 60° H x 40° V dispersion
- 600 Watts continuous, 2,400 Watts peak power
- All components weather resistant to IP54 for outdoor use
- Carbon fibre loaded 15" low frequency driver with inside/outside wound coil
- Titanium dome 1.4" neodymium motor compression driver
- Multiple array configurations for extended coverage
- Switchablepassive/bi-amp operation for flexibility of use
- Trapezoidal cabinet shape enables visually unobtrusive loudspeaker arrays
- Multiple internal rigging points allow bracket mount and suspension in any orientation
- 15 mm (5/8") birch plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Architecturally styled powder coated perforated plated steel mesh grille with foam backing
- Captive cable tail with sealed cable gland on aluminium connector panel
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.