Turbosound TCS218BRWH 6400W 18 Inch Front Load Sub
Dual 18" Front Loaded Subwoofer for Installation Applications (Weather Resistant, White)
Athens TCS218B-R-WHWeather resistant for outdoor use to IP54, the 6,400-Watt TCS218B-R-WH is a front loaded dual 18" subwoofer system designed for a wide range of fixed installation and portable PA applications. Engineered to work in conjunction with Turbosound loudspeaker management systems, the TCS218B-R-WH provides optimal low frequency reinforcement when used in conjunction with all TCS Series loudspeakers.
A bass reflex port design enclosure, with two high power, double suspension 18" low frequency drivers that utilize a specialised voice coil wound on both the inside and outside of the coil former for higher magnetic density, better heat dissipation, higher power handling capacity, and improved efficiency. The TCS218B-R-WH provides fast and accurate transient response for virtually distortion-free operation – even in your most demanding performances.
Finished in a highly durable semi matt white paint, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (¾ ") birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. Internal M10 threaded rigging points are provided and connectivity is provided in the form of a captive cable tail, which enters the cabinet by means of a sealed cable gland on an aluminium panel.
Architecture & Engineering SpecificationsThe loudspeaker shall be of the passive subwoofer type, consisting of two 18" (460 mm) LF drivers, in parallel or discrete operation. The loudspeaker shall be weather resistant for outdoor use, to rating standard IP54. Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 33 Hz to 200 Hz and within -10 dB from 27 Hz to 200 Hz. Nominal dispersion shall be "half space." Nominal impedance shall be LF parallel: 4 Ohms, LF discrete: 8 Ohms x 2. Power handling shall be 1600 Watts continuous, 6,400 Watts peak. Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, shall be 99 dB, 1 Watt @ 1 metre. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, shall be 137 dB. Dimensions: 710 mm high x 1130 mm wide x 730 mm deep (28.0" x 44.5" x 28.8"). Net weight: 94 kg (207.2 lbs). The loudspeaker system shall be the Turbosound TCS218B-R-WH. No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
- Dual front loaded subwoofer for installation applications
- 1,600 Watts continuous, 6,400 Watts peak power
- All components weather resistant to IP54 for outdoor use
- Double suspension 18" low frequency drivers with inside/outside wound coils
- Low distortion bass reflex port design
- 18 mm (3/4") birch plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt white paint finish
- Architecturally styled powder coated perforated plated steel mesh grille with foam backing
- Multiple internal rigging points allow secure mounting for installation
- Captive cable tail with sealed cable gland on aluminium connector panel
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.