Turbosound TCX82 800W 2-Way 8 Inch Speaker
The Dublin TCX82 is an 800 Watt compact 8" passive two way loudspeaker that is ideally suited for a wide range of portable or installed speech and music sound reinforcement applications. TCX82 consists of a trapezoidal enclosure housing a high excursion 8" reflex-loaded low frequency driver with low mass voice coil for improved transient response, and a 1" high temperature dome compression driver mounted on a rotatable converging elliptical waveguide, which provides a 90° horizontal by 60° vertical dispersion pattern.
Custom-Engineered DriversTurbosound is recognised the world over for designing and building some of the most iconic loudspeakers and subwoofers. They take meticulous care and pride in maintaining that reputation by utilising only drivers designed specifically for each application – it’s what sets Turbosound apart from the competition. TCX82’s high excursion 8" low frequency and 1" high temperature dome compression drivers ensure truly world-class performance that will stand the test of time.
Rotatable WaveguideThe TCX82’s compression driver is mated to a converging elliptical waveguide that is rotatable through 90°, allowing a swap of the horizontal and vertical dispersion patterns for a smooth wavefront, while providing exceptional pattern control. This feature is especially useful for retaining wide horizontal dispersion when the enclosure is mounted horizontally due to ceiling height restrictions.
Construction and ConnectivityConstructed from 12 mm (½ ") birch plywood, the cabinet is finished in hard wearing semi matt black textured paint and includes internal M10, M8 and M6 threaded rigging points for use with Turbosound and industry standard wall and ceiling brackets. A perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam protects the drive units. The rear connector panel provides two Neutrik speakOn* NL4 connectors for input and link functions, which are wired in parallel to a 4-way barrier strip connector.
Discreet ImplementationWhen permanently installed, the TCX82 presents a discreet appearance with no visible side handles for visually unobtrusive loudspeaker arrays, while in portable applications the pole mount blanking plug can be removed for use with speaker stands or poles.
Architecture & Engineering SpecificationsThe loudspeaker shall be of the full range, two-way passive type consisting of one 8" (203 mm) LF driver and one 1" (25 mm) HF compression driver. Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 100 Hz to 20 kHz and within -10 dB from 70 Hz to 20 kHz. Nominal dispersion, at -6 dB points, shall average 90° H x 60° V, rotatable. Nominal impedance shall be 8 Ohms. Power handling shall be 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak. Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, shall be 94 dB, 1 Watt @ 1 metre. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, shall be 123 dB. Dimensions: 408 mm high x 308 mm wide x 280 mm deep (16.1" x 12.1" x 11.0"). Net weight: 10.3 kg (22.7 lbs). The loudspeaker system shall be the Turbosound TCX82. No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equalled or exceeded.
- 2 way loudspeaker for portable PA and installation applications
- 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak power
- High excursion 8" low frequency driver with low mass voice coil for improved transient response
- 1" high temperature dome compression driver with extended high frequency reproduction
- Rotatable converging elliptical waveguide provides 90° H x 60° V dispersion
- M10, M8 and M6 rigging points compatible with Turbosound and OmniMount* brackets
- Trapezoidal cabinet shape enables visually unobtrusive loudspeaker arrays
- Concealed pole mount socket enables mobile applications
- Integral handle for lifting and carrying
- 12 mm (1/2") birch plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Powder coated perforated steel mesh grille with foam backing
- Neutrik speakOn* NL4 and barrier strip connectors
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.